how to match image colors from RGB 1998 capture to sRGB web?

J
Posted By
JohnEee
Oct 18, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi, I’m an intermediate user. How do I get a close match going from RAW/rgb 1998 to a web-compatible sRGB jpeg?

I have captured images in RAW using Adobe RGB 1998. But when I make jpegs out of my RAWs (both NEF and CR2), opening/saving the images in sRGB color space or RGB 1998, the colors go from grayish to purple.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 18, 2005
You need to "Convert" (NOT Assign) the profile to sRGB before saving. In CS2 you’ll find this under the EDIT menu. In previous versions under IMAGE>MODE

Hope this helps

Chris.
J
JohnEee
Oct 20, 2005
Thanks Chris. i tried your suggestion and I still get the same-looking image. a brown hue in Adobe 1998 opened in CS2 looks purplish when I convert to sRBG and then open the image in a browser. hmmm…
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 20, 2005
When you convert from Adobe RGB 1998 to sRGB, the image should look almost the same. And once it’s in sRGB, it should look fine in non-color managed applications (like your web browser).

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections