AM
Posted By
Anna_McKinney
May 11, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just bought Photoshop Elements 3.0 and I am editing a magazine, with advertisements which include graphics and photographs, for professional printing and publication. I have been told that I need to open GIFs and JPGS in Photoshop and type ‘image’, ‘mode’ and then if they are colour graphics/photos I should click ‘CMYK colour’. I can’t find CMYK colour it just offers me bitmap, RGB colour Indexed colour or Grayscale (which is fine for mono). Please can someone tell me how I can find the CMYK colour button? Can someone help me please – I am a complete novice at this.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin_Walls
May 11, 2005
In Photoshop [the full professional product, PS CS], the instructions you have received are sound. PSE is not intended for professional use, so it does not support CMYK in any direct way.

You options:

1) Buy PS CS. This is th eonly solution if you need to do this regularly.

2) If you have a small amount to do, there are work arounds. Buy the book "The Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements 3" to learn more.

3) If you have just a few, you might find someone else, who does have full PS, who would process them for you. [I might, for example.]
AM
Anna_McKinney
May 11, 2005
Thanks a lot for your help. I will be doing this regularly so I will have to find the correct version. Many thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections