RG
Posted By
Rhonda_Gray
Oct 11, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know how to make an object, like a newspaper, have a ripped look? I would like to take a clipping of a fist and make it look like its bursting through the middle of a paper. I want the paper to be torn, or ripped and crinkled. Any ideas?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Oct 11, 2008
Got a camera?

If so, what do you think the next step might be?

🙂
B
Buko
Oct 11, 2008
you’re not suggesting he take a photo of a torn newspaper? that would be too easy.
D
DB
Oct 11, 2008
What about taking a photo of a fist coming thru the paper…….hmmm….sort of sounds logical to me…….BUT….. if anyone does have this sort of thing already then can i have a copy too please – thanks

"Buko" wrote in message
you’re not suggesting he take a photo of a torn newspaper? that would be too easy.
P
Phosphor
Oct 11, 2008
I guess you’re right, Buko, not to even mention all of that ultra-realistic shadowing and highlighting he’d have to correct or clone out of the photo!

😉 XD
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 11, 2008
Our two advisers from the other side are not being flippant Rhonda. There are plug-ins and tutorials out there that attempt to simulate the torn effect but you can’t beat the real thing. 😉
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 11, 2008
Note to Phos: How many men do you know called Rhonda?
P
Phosphor
Oct 11, 2008
Why do you ask, J.J.? Want to meet them?

😉

(It was just a stupid, inattentive mistake on my part)
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 11, 2008
🙂
D
DeerRaven
Oct 11, 2008
Ummm….I dunno. Shirley, Ashley and Raquel are also men’s names. Okay, I was kidding about Raquel…
P
Phosphor
Oct 11, 2008
Saw a guy’s obituary in the paper a few weeks ago. Big, tough retired colonel from the Marines. First time I’d ever seen a man named Dorothy.

Just goes to show that making assumptions can be a dangerous business.

%( 8o 🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 11, 2008
Shirley, Ashley and Raquel are also men’s names.

<airplane>surely you’re joking!</airplane>
D
DB
Oct 12, 2008
Sort of good to know that we dont know how to do the photoshop thing for this person but we all know men who have womens names,lol

A marine called Dorothy….. surely you’re pulling my leg……next your gonna say he/she was from Kansas and had a dog called
Toto…………….er………… think we’d better stop now,lol

Good Luck with the original problem but seeing as we have gone off on a massive tangent it’s not looking very good.

wrote in message
Shirley, Ashley and Raquel are also men’s names.

<airplane>surely you’re joking!</airplane>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections