Posted By
Sweet-P
Dec 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I am trying to make a neon like glow effect to an image (not text). Can someone give me the steps or lead me to a tutorial on how to do that?

Thanks so much in advance!

Sweet-P

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SI
stupid_idiot
Dec 12, 2003
http://share.studio.adobe.com/axQuickSearchSubmit.asp?txt=ne on&allprods=2&submit1.x=35&submit1.y=7

"Sweet-P" wrote in message
Hi,
I am trying to make a neon like glow effect to an image (not text). Can someone give me the steps or lead me to a tutorial on how to do that?

Sweet-P

S
Sweet-P
Dec 12, 2003
I appreciate the link and I already had that action. However, it will not work for this situation. I have a portion of an image (fur on a wild cat) that I want to give a glow effect. I was hoping there was a method I could do to make it "glow"…thanks for the help though 🙂

Sweet-P

"stupid_idiot" wrote in message
http://share.studio.adobe.com/axQuickSearchSubmit.asp?txt=ne on&allprods=2&submit1.x=35&submit1.y=7
Hi,

Sweet-P

S
steven
Dec 12, 2003
Haven’t looked through the filters menu in a while, have we?

Filters > Artistic > Neon Glow…

This however is probably not what you’re looking for. For a cooler effect, try:

Filter > Stylize > Glowing Edges…

-Steven

Hi,

Sweet-P

SI
stupid_idiot
Dec 12, 2003
the point really is to break open a style and see how the effects works…then try and apply the same style to your area.
check out janee’s tuts…. www.myjanee.com

I appreciate the link and I already had that action. However, it will not work for this situation. I have a portion of an image (fur on a wild cat) that I want to give a glow effect. I was hoping there was a method I could do to make it "glow"…thanks for the help though 🙂
Sweet-P

"stupid_idiot" wrote in message
Hi,

Sweet-P

S
Sweet-P
Dec 12, 2003
Yup…the glowing edges worked perfectly….guess I didn’t check my filters out in PS .. LOL.

Thanks!!

"steven" wrote in message
Haven’t looked through the filters menu in a while, have we?
Filters > Artistic > Neon Glow…

This however is probably not what you’re looking for. For a cooler
effect,
try:

Filter > Stylize > Glowing Edges…

-Steven

Hi,

Sweet-P

KL
Kay Lee
Dec 16, 2003
What’s up, this is KojoLee at the rescue. To make a neon glow effect (I’m assuming Photoshop right?) Make a selection of the image you want glow, then press command+J(mac) or control+J(PC) to copyit onto anotherlayer, then in the layers menu up top, go to layer style, then "outer glow" in the pop up menu and just player around with settings to your liking. Alright, hope this help.

HOLLA

——–

Sweet-P wrote:
Hi,

Sweet-P

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections