Posted By
ohad_levy
Sep 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello evryone

Im picture jewelry and what im traying to do is to remove the "grayish blueish" backround and make it white….

PLS HELP ME!
Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

M
Mylenium
Sep 21, 2008
Double-click the background layer to turn it into a floating layer, then use any selection tools to remove the color. Add a solid layer below to get a replacement BG.

Mylenium
RD
Rick_Driscoll
Sep 22, 2008
That technique is great. I would have copied and pasted the background layer (to create a new layer) and then used the tedious smart highlighting to create a layer of the background with just the elements I wanted to see.
OL
ohad_levy
Sep 22, 2008
Thnak you very much for your help
but im new in Photoshop so i didnt realy understand the steps…

can u try to explain my again? what is Solid layer?
and to Rick : how can i copied and pasted the background layer ?
B
Buko
Sep 22, 2008
I always keep the background layer you never know when you might need it.

Just duplicate the background layer and select and delete the unwanted area.

now create a new layer below the background duplicate and make it any color you want. If you just want the object on its own layer with a transparent background turn off all layers below the object.
GV
Gary_VenRooy
Sep 24, 2008
You can find good tutorials on that here:

<http://gvrsoftware.com/Photoshop-Tutor/>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections