CC
Posted By
camille_curro
Sep 12, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am not that familiar with this version of photoshop (CS3). however I’m trying my best to see how to use it. I have a logo image for my business that I want to insert in flyers, brochures, etc. The color of my logo is a dark plum/purple. When I use it on a white background it looks ok. but when I try to insert it in something that has a colored or tinted background, you see the white square around the logo, and it looks horrible. How can I "cut" or layer just the logo image and use it without it applying the white background square? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

cmc

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Sep 12, 2008
What application are you using to build the flyers & brochures?
CC
camille_curro
Sep 13, 2008
right now, MS Publisher. But something more robust later perhaps. I’d like it in a jpg or pdf file so that i can just copy and paste into the brochure or flyer, etc…
BL
Bob Levine
Sep 13, 2008
Don’t you have a vector version of the logo?

Bob
CC
camille_curro
Sep 13, 2008
I have a tif version and pdf, but that’s it. It was originally done in InDesign (CS3 version) but it was on a Mac. I can send you the file if you think it might help…. thanks for your replies 🙂
P
Phosphor
Sep 13, 2008
Bet a dollar Camille doesn’t have Illustrator?

🙂 🙂
CC
camille_curro
Sep 13, 2008
Haha! i do have Illustrator! I have the entire Master collection of CS3.

I saved the image as EPS– will that solve the transparency issue? So that it won’t put the white square behind the image? many thx.
P
Phosphor
Sep 13, 2008
Then I suggest you rebuild the logo in Illustrator and cure the problem forever!

🙂

And if you have the CS3 Master Collection, why are you using MS Publisher? I can only guess it’s because you haven’t gotten around to learning InDesign?
CC
camille_curro
Sep 13, 2008
correct, I haven’t had time to learn it well enough. I need to get these done by the end of the month, and with work loads i just haven’t had the time. for someone who is seasoned in Photoshop, InDesign, etc I’m sure this would be a simple task but not for me! 🙂
P
Phosphor
Sep 13, 2008
<http://www.pixentral.com>

Post a high-res version of your logo for display here, please.
CC
camille_curro
Sep 13, 2008
Just did. Not sure if its high-res enough or not. it’s a jgp image, but i have it in pdf and maybe in tif.
JJ
John Joslin
Sep 13, 2008
Be a devil and give us a link.

(It’s the HTML for the Web, not the forum link.)

< http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=17ug79uiI9h2XbAkDp YgOy3oCRS3>
BL
Bob Levine
Sep 13, 2008
I have the entire Master collection of CS3.

Then why in the world are you using Publisher? Time to fire up InDesign.

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections