J
Posted By
Jim
May 27, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sorry for the dumb question, but I can’t figure this out. The situation is this. I select part of an image in Photoshop (CS3). I go to the transform menu. I right click on the selection and choose flip vertically. What I see on the screen is the original image and an outline of the transformed image.

How do make the transmormation take. That is fill in the outline with the selection, so I see the actual select flipped, not just the outline.

Thanks

Jim

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

D
Delbert25
May 27, 2008
Do you have more than 1 layer?

Could you be flipping an adjustment layer rather than the background?

D
A
aglet
May 27, 2008
You are simply transforming the selection. Don’t right click on the selection. Instead use Control or Command-T (edit | transform)

"Jim" wrote in message
Sorry for the dumb question, but I can’t figure this out. The situation is this. I select part of an image in Photoshop (CS3). I go to the transform menu. I right click on the selection and choose flip vertically. What I see on the screen is the original image and an outline of the transformed image.

How do make the transmormation take. That is fill in the outline with the selection, so I see the actual select flipped, not just the outline.

Thanks

Jim
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
May 28, 2008
"Jim" wrote in message

Thanks

Jim
If you are making your selection with a Marquee tool and right clicking on that to transform, you need to be doing it on a copied background layer. You cannot do it this way on just a background layer.

TWK
S
strgzr
Jun 15, 2008
make the selection using whatever tool you perfer. Go to edit/transform/flip vertical or horizontal. this will transfrom the area selected only

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections