S
Posted By
Samora
Feb 2, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Have been using CS3 to open/process nef files with no issue until I downloaded a Nikon codec to allow me to view the nef file in windows explorer (for vista). Now, when I try to open the nef file, get an error message saying "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document." My initial suspicion was that it was related to the codec, but now I’m thinking it’s somehow related to the nef files associated with my new camera – D300. Can open D200 nefs in CS3, but D300 ones give the error message. Since I just got the D300, didn’t open a nef in CS3 prior to the codec install. Btw, opening the nef files (either D200 or D300) work fine in Lightroom.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DR
Donald_Reese
Feb 2, 2008
Do you have the latest version of camera raw downloaded? i am pretty sure the d300 has been added. look on the camera raw page for compatible cameras
S
Samora
Feb 2, 2008
Never mind … my fault. Thought I had updated CS3 to ACR 4.3.1 … but apparently I hadn’t. Tried the install thru the program updater … that didn’t work so I did a manual install. All is working fine.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections