C
Posted By
Catharsis
Apr 20, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any way of having the program center our lettering (both left, right & up, down)?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

LL
Leo Lichtman
Apr 20, 2009
"Catharsis" wrote: Any way of having the program center our lettering (both left, right &
up, down)?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There may be a better way, but this is how I did it:

There are three justification options: Left, right and center justify. At the top right of the screen. Choose center. After you have set your type, put a selection rectangle around it. Activate the Grid. Use the move tool to place your lettering in the middle of the page.
C
Catharsis
Apr 21, 2009
On Apr 20, 3:21 pm, "Leo Lichtman" wrote:
"Catharsis" wrote:   Any way of having the program center our lettering
(both left, right &> up, down)?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There may be a better way, but this is how I did it:

There are three justification options:  Left, right and center justify.  At the top right of the screen.  Choose center.  After you have set your type, put a selection rectangle around it.  Activate the Grid.  Use the move tool to place your lettering in the middle of the page.

Hi…

Thank you for your reply…

Yea, I know I can do it “manually” I’m just wondering why the centering abilities don’t work when I’m using the “select” tool? Now make note I’m using a Photoshop Elements 6 program – things can always be different with other versions. Their always adjusting these programs regardless if it’s Elements or just regular Photoshop…

But just to recap: Yea I’m just totally miffed as to why the automatic centering ability with the move tool (in the tool adjustment bar or whatever it’s called at the top of the work screen) aren’t functioning for letters.

P.S.
It would be nice if we could have the ability to upload video or photo’s for this group so we can demonstrate various issues…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections