JT
Posted By
Jennifer_Tweedings
Apr 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a simple way to find the center of a page? I am working on an image which is not evenly sized, so my brain cannot do the math and find the center of the page to put a guide. Is there an easy way to do this?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RW
Rene_Walling
Apr 16, 2004
Divide the length and width by two?
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Apr 16, 2004
actually, you’d want to divide the length by 2, then the width by 2.

;o)
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 16, 2004
Here’s a couple ways:

View>New Guide make one at 50% Horizontal and one at 50% Vertical. You can make a nifty action out for this that will work with any document if you first change your Units to Percent.

Select All, Command-T and where the little hub appears will be the exact center. Guides will snap to it. You can use this method to find the center of anything.
DK
Doug_Katz
Apr 16, 2004
Control-click on your Rulers and select Percent. Shift-drag out l rulers to 50. (THEN you can divide by 2 if you want to.)
PC
Paul_Cutler
Apr 16, 2004
Ed Hannigan & Doug Katz – Thank you! What easy, great tips. Now I just wish it worked this way in Illustrator. Pretty easy to find the center in Illustrator, but not as easy as this…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections