TM
Posted By
Thomas Minter
Feb 23, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I do not have Adobe Photoshop but I would buy a copy if I knew it would do something for me.Here is my question. I have some Pen & Ink clipart images. The background is white. I want to put an such image on a book cover, but don’t want the white. I want the image to take up the color of the cover which is antique . . . like you had drawn it on the antique cover. Can one accomplish this in Photoshop? I hope I am clear.
Thanks,
Tom

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
catfish
Feb 23, 2008
yes

Thomas Minter wrote:
I do not have Adobe Photoshop but I would buy a copy if I knew it would do something for me.Here is my question. I have some Pen & Ink clipart images. The background is white. I want to put an such image on a book cover, but don’t want the white. I want the image to take up the color of the cover which is antique . . . like you had drawn it on the antique cover. Can one accomplish this in Photoshop? I hope I am clear.
Thanks,
Tom
JA
Jay Argee
Feb 24, 2008
What you are referring to is removing the background and saving the image in one of the formats that supports transparency (generally, .gif and .png). There are lots of programs that can do it – with varying levels of skill required. PSE6 certainly can do it, but removing a background is a bit of work.

Regards,
Jay Argee
If you believe in telekinesis, please raise my hand.

"Thomas Minter" wrote in message
Thanks,
Tom
C
Charley
Feb 24, 2008
Photoshop or Elements can remove the background, but when you print the image on the white paper the background (paper) will be white again. You will need to either print it on clear overlay material or print it directly onto your book cover, ( and I don’t think you have a printer than can do this feat.).

Charley

Thanks,
Tom
JA
Jay Argee
Feb 24, 2008
I don’t have that problem. When I print the background remains transparent. Are you saving in .gif or .png format? If you save the image as a .jpg, the background will not be transparent.

Regards,
Jay Argee
If you believe in telekinesis, please raise my hand.

"Charley" wrote in message
Photoshop or Elements can remove the background, but when you print the image on the white paper the background (paper) will be white again. You will need to either print it on clear overlay material or print it directly
onto your book cover, ( and I don’t think you have a printer than can do this feat.).

Charley

Thanks,
Tom

K
Kedunk
Mar 30, 2008
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:21:58 -0500, Thomas Minter wrote:

Path: textbe01-phx!hwmnpeer02.phx!hw-filter.phx!hwmnpeer01.phx!hwm npeer01.lga!news.highwinds-media.com!news.glorb.com!nx01.iad 01.newshosting.com!newshosting.com!post02.iad01!post01.iad01 !roadrunner.com!not-for-mail
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:21:58 -0500
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (Windows/20070728)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: adobe.photoshop.elements
Subject: Working w/Layers Question
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 9
Message-ID: <47c08e79$0$30681$>
Organization: Road Runner High Speed Online http://www.rr.com NNTP-Posting-Host: 98.28.67.231
X-Complaints-To:
Xref: Hurricane-Charley adobe.photoshop.elements:9905
X-Received-Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:22:12 MST (textbe01-phx) X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 080330-0, 03/30/2008), Inbound message X-Antivirus-Status: Clean

Thanks,
Tom

Yes, you can delete the background and replace with any color or photo you want. I did this with Photoshop Elements 5.0
ML
Michael Lee
Mar 31, 2008
Kedunk wrote in
news::

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:21:58 -0500, Thomas Minter wrote:
Path:
textbe01-phx!hwmnpeer02.phx!hw-filter.phx!hwmnpeer01.phx!hwm npeer01.lg a!news.highwinds-media.com!news.glorb.com!nx01.iad01.newshos ting.com!n ewshosting.com!post02.iad01!post01.iad01!roadrunner.com!not- for-mail Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:21:58 -0500
User-Agent: Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (Windows/20070728)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Newsgroups: adobe.photoshop.elements
Subject: Working w/Layers Question
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Lines: 9
Message-ID: <47c08e79$0$30681$>
Organization: Road Runner High Speed Online http://www.rr.com NNTP-Posting-Host: 98.28.67.231
X-Complaints-To:
Xref: Hurricane-Charley adobe.photoshop.elements:9905
X-Received-Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:22:12 MST (textbe01-phx) X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 080330-0, 03/30/2008), Inbound message X-Antivirus-Status: Clean

Thanks,
Tom

Yes, you can delete the background and replace with any color or photo you want. I did this with Photoshop Elements 5.0

I changed a photo in Photoshop Elements 4 that was looking out a window at a meadow, and made the window look out on a street in Jerusalem. Layering is fantastic!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections