m.golner
Mar 20, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello All,

Using PS7, WinXP.

Is there a way to ‘paste into’ a layer mask after the mask already exists. Specifically, say I have an image with a selection saved as an alpha channel. Say I then create an adjustment layer (with nothing selected), and make an adjustment. Is there a way to then move (copy, paste, whatever) the alpha channel mask directly into the adjustment layer mask?

I know I can load the alpha channel as a selection before I create the adjustment layer, or I can load the alpha channel as a selection after the adjustment layer is created, then ‘paint in’ the mask, or save the selection to the layer mask, but I was wondering if there is a way to directly load the alpha channel mask into the adjustment layer?

TIA for your help.
Mike

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
Mar 20, 2006
"Mike G." wrote in message
Hello All,

Using PS7, WinXP.

Is there a way to ‘paste into’ a layer mask after the mask already exists. Specifically, say I have an image with a selection saved as an alpha channel. Say I then create an adjustment layer (with nothing selected), and make an adjustment. Is there a way to then move (copy, paste, whatever) the alpha channel mask directly into the adjustment layer mask?
I know I can load the alpha channel as a selection before I create the adjustment layer, or I can load the alpha channel as a selection after the adjustment layer is created, then ‘paint in’ the mask, or save the selection to the layer mask, but I was wondering if there is a way to directly load the alpha channel mask into the adjustment layer?

Alt click on the layer mask in the layer palette to paste into it. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
MG
m.golner
Mar 21, 2006
Mike Russell wrote:
Alt click on the layer mask in the layer palette to paste into it.

Thanks for the reply, Mike. Exactly what I needed. Works like a charm.

Mike

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections