F
Posted By
fred
Feb 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using PE6 with Vista Home Premium. Recently the organiser is really slow to load, about 4 minutes. Once loaded it works fine and other parts of the package not seem to be affected. I have un-installed it and re-installed and optimised the catalogue, but this does not help. Would be grateful for any ideas

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
Charley
Feb 10, 2008
You haven’t said anything about your computer – size, speed, RAM, etc. These have a lot to do with how well a photo editing program operates and loads.

Photo editing programs need lots of RAM and if you don’t have it the computer does a lot of swapping out with available space on the hard drive. This swapping function eats up time. If your computer is one of those new "off-the-shelf" systems then it most likely needs a lot more RAM ast those systems are all "bare bones" units designed to make typists and game players happy.

Charley

"fred" wrote in message
I am using PE6 with Vista Home Premium. Recently the organiser is really slow to load, about 4 minutes. Once loaded it works fine and other parts
of
the package not seem to be affected. I have un-installed it and
re-installed
and optimised the catalogue, but this does not help. Would be grateful for any ideas

Thanks
F
fred
Feb 10, 2008
Charley,
Thanks for the reply.
The computer is a 2.2G dual core Pentium with 2G ram. PE6 used to work fine and has only recently started to load slowly.
It seemed to happen after the last Windows update but I cannot seem to reverse this to test it

Tim
"Charley" wrote in message
You haven’t said anything about your computer – size, speed, RAM, etc. These
have a lot to do with how well a photo editing program operates and loads.
Photo editing programs need lots of RAM and if you don’t have it the computer does a lot of swapping out with available space on the hard drive.
This swapping function eats up time. If your computer is one of those new "off-the-shelf" systems then it most likely needs a lot more RAM ast those systems are all "bare bones" units designed to make typists and game players
happy.

Charley

"fred" wrote in message
I am using PE6 with Vista Home Premium. Recently the organiser is really slow to load, about 4 minutes. Once loaded it works fine and other parts
of
re-installed
and optimised the catalogue, but this does not help. Would be grateful for
any ideas

Thanks

RW
Robert Walker
Feb 10, 2008
I had this same problem recently and got a successful fix from an online forum (forget which). It worked for me and a number of others with the same problem. If you have Intel ViiV on your machine do a reinstall or repair of it. Apparently a missing DLL is the culprit and it is restored during the reinstall/repair.

Regards

RW

"fred" wrote in message
Charley,
Thanks for the reply.
The computer is a 2.2G dual core Pentium with 2G ram. PE6 used to work fine and has only recently started to load slowly.
It seemed to happen after the last Windows update but I cannot seem to reverse this to test it

Tim

Photo editing programs need lots of RAM and if you don’t have it the computer does a lot of swapping out with available space on the hard drive.
This swapping function eats up time. If your computer is one of those new "off-the-shelf" systems then it most likely needs a lot more RAM ast those
systems are all "bare bones" units designed to make typists and game players
happy.

Charley

"fred" wrote in message
of
re-installed
any ideas

Thanks
F
fred
Feb 10, 2008
Hi Robert,
Thanks for your advice.
It didn’t quite go to plan in that I un-installed it instead of repairing it but it has solved the problem.
I have never used the Intel Viiv but suppose I can re-install it if I need to.
Thanks again for your help

Tim
"Robert Walker" wrote in message
I had this same problem recently and got a successful fix from an online forum (forget which). It worked for me and a number of others with the same problem. If you have Intel ViiV on your machine do a reinstall or repair of it. Apparently a missing DLL is the culprit and it is restored during the reinstall/repair.

Regards

RW

"fred" wrote in message
Charley,
Thanks for the reply.

Tim

This swapping function eats up time. If your computer is one of those new
"off-the-shelf" systems then it most likely needs a lot more RAM ast those
happy.

Charley

"fred" wrote in message
I am using PE6 with Vista Home Premium. Recently the organiser is really
slow to load, about 4 minutes. Once loaded it works fine and other parts
of
re-installed
any ideas

Thanks
RW
Robert Walker
Feb 11, 2008
Hi

Glad to be of help. If you needed Viiv just reinstall from the original media. I remembered where I had seen this fix, on one of the Adobe forums. For anyone who is interested the link is www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c05e352

Regards

RW

"fred" wrote in message
Hi Robert,
Thanks for your advice.
It didn’t quite go to plan in that I un-installed it instead of repairing it but it has solved the problem.
I have never used the Intel Viiv but suppose I can re-install it if I need to.
Thanks again for your help

Tim
"Robert Walker" wrote in message

Regards

RW

"fred" wrote in message
Charley,
Thanks for the reply.

Tim

This swapping function eats up time. If your computer is one of those new
"off-the-shelf" systems then it most likely needs a lot more RAM ast those
happy.

Charley

"fred" wrote in message
I am using PE6 with Vista Home Premium. Recently the organiser is really
slow to load, about 4 minutes. Once loaded it works fine and other parts
of
re-installed
any ideas

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections