F
Posted By
F
Sep 1, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just reinstalled v4.0 and now, if I right click an image and then click preview, the image opens in Elements rather than the preview window.

Anyone any idea on how to retrieve the original behaviour?

TIA

Frank
(Beware of spam trap – remove the negative)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
Charles
Sep 1, 2006
On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 11:45:04 +0100, F wrote:

I’ve just reinstalled v4.0 and now, if I right click an image and then click preview, the image opens in Elements rather than the preview window.
TIA

Check if this works

go to a folder with some images, click on tools, then select folder options

find where it says file types, click on that, then run down the list until you find the type file you are looking for (.jpg) It will probably be registered to photoshop elements. select that extension, then click on delete.

Then go back to the folder and click on the image you want to preview. a box should pop up asking what program you want to use with that type file. select from the choices given the one you want to use, make sure the little box is selected that says "Always use this program for this type file." or something like that.

The other way is to reinstall the program you want to use for preview (Irfanview is mine) then let it grab back all the file type registrations.

hope this helps
RG
Roy G
Sep 1, 2006
"F" wrote in message
TIA

Frank

Hi.

If you are using Windows.

Go to a folder, any folder, Click on Tools > Folder Options > File Types.

Scroll down the list till you see the Jpegs, highlight one of them, go to the panel where it says "Open With" click on "Change" and pick whichever program you want from the list. You might have to do this with all the varieties of jpeg.

Roy G
F
F
Sep 1, 2006
On 01/09/2006 14:29 Roy G wrote:

Scroll down the list till you see the Jpegs, highlight one of them, go to the panel where it says "Open With" click on "Change" and pick whichever program you want from the list.

This affects the program with which to open the image. It’s review that I want to change back to the original behaviour which used Micro$oft Picture and Fax Viewer.

Open and review used two different programs.

Frank
RG
Roy G
Sep 1, 2006
"F" wrote in message

Scroll down the list till you see the Jpegs, highlight one of them, go to the panel where it says "Open With" click on "Change" and pick whichever program you want from the list.

This affects the program with which to open the image. It’s review that I want to change back to the original behaviour which used Micro$oft Picture and Fax Viewer.

Frank

Not on my machine they don’t.

Roy G
RG
Roy G
Sep 1, 2006
"Roy G" wrote in message
"F" wrote in message

Frank

Not on my machine they don’t.

Roy G

If you must use a different program, do as above and once jpeg is highlighted click on "advanced". Then highlight "preview" and click on edit.

Roy G
B
Bob
Sep 2, 2006
To fix this click on start and go up to settings and click on contorl panel. Once in control panel find the folder options icon and double click on it. Then click on the tab at the top that says file types. Then scroll down to jpg. Down below there is a place that says opens with. Just to the left there is a button that says change. Between opens with and the button is the program name that opens the jpg. Yours probably says photoshop. If you change it to windows picture and fax viewer then the next time you double click on a jpg it will open the way it used to. I hope this helps.

Bob

"F" wrote in message
TIA

Frank
F
F
Sep 2, 2006
I’ve probably not explained this very well so I’ll try again…

I want to be able to double click on a .jpg file and have it open in Elements. I also want to be able to right click on it and then click on Preview and have it open in Micro$oft Picture and Fax Viewer.

This is what happened prior to the reinstallation of Elements.

TIA

Frank
RG
Roy G
Sep 2, 2006
"F" wrote in message
I’ve probably not explained this very well so I’ll try again…
I want to be able to double click on a .jpg file and have it open in Elements. I also want to be able to right click on it and then click on Preview and have it open in Micro$oft Picture and Fax Viewer.
This is what happened prior to the reinstallation of Elements.
TIA

Frank

Please re-read my replies, this "Review" problem is answered there.

I only found out how to do it after reading your reply, and it was not difficult to find the answer.

Roy G

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections