H
Posted By
HH
Aug 15, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to PSE 4 and to this newsgroup, and my question is very basic. In PSE 2, I could retrieve an image from a folder and work on it, then save it to the folder, and close the file. The image would disappear from the PSE 2 window. In PSE 4, I can download an image from my camera or retrieve it from a folder and manipulate it in the Organizer, including adding tags. But I simply cannot discover how to remove the picture from the Organizer. Do I select "Export to Computer"? If not, then what?

I notice at the top of the Organizer/Photo Browser window a grayed reference to My Catalog.psa. Does this mean that the pictures in the Organizer/Photo Browser are resident temporarily in a file called My Catalog.psa? If so, it would make sense to select Delete from Catalog to remove the pictures from the Organizer? To avoid the loss of tags, should I click first on File|Write Tag Info to Files?

A related question: In PSE 2, when one tried to close an image file that had been manipulated, a window asked whether one wished to save the changes. Will that sort of window pop up in PSE 4 to remind one to save changes before removing the images? I haven’t seen it. In fact, I haven’t seen Save option. After manipulating, are changes automatically saved?

Another related question: before installing PSE 4, I already had my pictures organized in subfolders in the My Pictures folder. Now, when I download pictures from my digital camera, then work on them in PSE 4, I don’t understand how to save the pictures to the proper subfolder in My Pictures. I assume that the PSE 4 "Collection" is equivalent to one of these subfolders, but since I already have about three dozen subfolders, filled with pictures, I am reluctant to abandon this sort of organization. Thus my question: how do I save the manipulated pictures from the Organizer to the subfolders in My Pictures?

HH

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections