Remove grey border from save for web images?

F
Posted By
furman
May 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I am new to photoshop. I posted last week and someone explained how to remove the background from an image which worked great.

Now I notice that when I save an image as jpeg for web it has a grey border which I can’t figure out how to remove. Anyone know what I am talking about?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
Tacit
May 11, 2005
In article ,
"furman" wrote:

Now I notice that when I save an image as jpeg for web it has a grey border which I can’t figure out how to remove. Anyone know what I am talking about?

No; Save for Web should not add anything, not even a border.

Question: is the image you are trying to save transparent? JPEG does not permit transparency.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
F
furman
May 11, 2005
Hi,
No I am not trying to save as transparent just as JPEG with white background.
T
Tacit
May 12, 2005
In article ,
"furman" wrote:

No I am not trying to save as transparent just as JPEG with white background.

There should be no border, gray or otherwise, placed on the image.

Do you by any chance have an image in layers? Perhaps there’s some transparency going on you’re not seeing. In the Save for Web dialog, what’s specified as a "matte color"? If you have gray as your matte color and there are transparent or translucent areas of the image, they will be gray in the JPEG.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
F
furman
May 13, 2005
Hi,
I checked the matte colour, it is set to none, even if I set it to white I see a thin grey border around the image canvas if thats right – I mean when I save to web it saves the image and the area around it in a box, that box is the grey border. I really can’t find where its coming from.
H
Hecate
May 13, 2005
On 13 May 2005 11:15:03 -0700, "furman" wrote:

Hi,
I checked the matte colour, it is set to none, even if I set it to white I see a thin grey border around the image canvas if thats right – I mean when I save to web it saves the image and the area around it in a box, that box is the grey border. I really can’t find where its coming from.

You should said the matte colour to the colour of the background.

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
F
furman
May 14, 2005
Hi,
The background is white and I set the matte colour to white also.
T
Tacit
May 14, 2005
In article ,
"furman" wrote:

Can you post a link to a picture that shows this grey border?

K
KatWoman
May 14, 2005
have you tried cropping it off? I had a small transparent area on an edge and I got that edge showing.
Is there a layer effect on it?

"furman" wrote in message
Hi,
C
Corey
May 14, 2005
Save the image as a JPG and then navigate to the image, right-click on it and open with a browser. Does the gray still show up???

Peadge :-\

"KatWoman" wrote in message
have you tried cropping it off? I had a small transparent area on an edge and I got that edge showing.
Is there a layer effect on it?

"furman" wrote in message
Hi,

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections