J
Posted By
JohnM
May 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please pardon my denseness but after several year of Paintshop Pro, I have converted to Elements 4. However while trying to change the sky in one photgraph with that of a second, I just cannot get both from the bin onto the screen. It is either one or the other. Help kindly accepted.
JohnM

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CB
CATHERINE BIBBY
May 26, 2006
I have never worked with elements before, but I might have a solution to yor problem. When you open pictures on photoshop it adds them to a ‘layers’ section (which is usually on the right hand side of your screen), if you cannot see this section click on ‘window’ at the top of your screen, a list should appear, make sure there is a tick next to layers, this will allow the section to appear, if it is already clicked then it will be hidden underneath another box on your screen, try moving a few to see what is hiding underneath.

After you have found the ‘layers’ section, you should notice there is 1 or 2 sub-sections in the layers part, this is basically the picture that you have opened. If you need to change a picture (like your problem with the sky), you will need to click on the picture that you want (under the layers section), if not it will copy the picture that it has highlighted automatically. I hope this helps you.

"JohnM" wrote in message
Please pardon my denseness but after several year of Paintshop Pro, I have converted to Elements 4. However while trying to change the sky in one photgraph with that of a second, I just cannot get both from the bin onto the screen. It is either one or the other. Help kindly accepted.
JohnM
RG
Roy G
May 26, 2006
"JohnM" wrote in message
JohnM

Hi there.

It is really very simple, but I do not understand what you mean my "The Bin".

You just Open Picture 1 by "File" > "Open" > navigating to the folder and
double clicking on it, or clicking "Open".

You then reduce its Window to the smaller size by using the box next to the "X" in the top right.

You then just "File" > "Open" find picture 2 and open it, and also reduce its window.

Adjust the sizes and positions of both Picture Windows and the Pictures within them to whatever suits. Provided you keep them both smaller than the Elements Frame you can bring either on top of the other by clicking on it.

Make your selection of the sky and just drag it into the other picture’s window. At that point it will then be on a new layer in the the picture. You may now close the "Donor" picture, and concentrate on the recipient.

Roy G
RG
Roy G
May 26, 2006
"JohnM" wrote in message
JohnM

Hi there.

It is really very simple, but I do not understand what you mean my "The Bin".

You just Open Picture 1 by "File" > "Open" > navigating to the folder and
double clicking on it, or clicking "Open".

You then reduce its Window to the smaller size by using the box next to the "X" in the top right.

You then just "File" > "Open" find picture 2 and open it, and also reduce its window.

Adjust the sizes and positions of both Picture Windows and the Pictures within them to whatever suits. Provided you keep them both smaller than the Elements Frame you can bring either on top of the other by clicking on it.

Make your selection of the sky and just drag it into the other picture’s window. At that point it will then be on a new layer in the the picture. You may now close the "Donor" picture, and concentrate on the recipient.

Roy G
J
JohnM
May 27, 2006
Catherine

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers

John
J
JohnM
May 27, 2006
Roy

Many thanks indeed. It did the trick. My 67 year old brain is not as supple as it once was. Like so many things in life – it appears very obvious once you have been shown.

Cheers

John
RG
Roy G
May 27, 2006
Hi.

Obviously my 65 & 2 thirds Brain is much more supple, but I still managed to post twice.

Roy G

"JohnM" wrote in message
Roy

Many thanks indeed. It did the trick. My 67 year old brain is not as supple as it once was. Like so many things in life – it appears very obvious once you have been shown.

Cheers

John
L
luk
May 29, 2006
Roy G wrote:

Also, notice that if you go up under "window" and click-hold on "images" you will then see "maximize mode", "tile" and "cascade". Experiment with each one.

Luk
M
MrB
Aug 12, 2006
And my 64 1/2 brain wondered why you did that.

It doesn’t get better.

"Roy G" wrote in message
Hi.

Obviously my 65 & 2 thirds Brain is much more supple, but I still managed to post twice.

Roy G

"JohnM" wrote in message
Roy

Cheers

John

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections