GC
Posted By
Gillian Caverly
Jul 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop Elements1 and have an iMac running OS X 10.2.6. PE will not run properly in Classic as none of the menus show up, so I have to start up in OS 9 to use it.

I see that PE2 will run in OS X 10.1 but I wondered if anyone could tell me if it will run in 10.2.6. Amazon UK have £20 off the price at the moment so I would like to indulge.

Thanks in advance,
Gillian.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

S
smithsc
Jul 13, 2003
Works fine in 10.2.6. They have mentioned that they will be testing Elements with Panther (OS X 10.3).

Steve
M
maccie
Jul 13, 2003
Works great in 10.2.6…….no problems

Maccie
GC
Gillian Caverly
Jul 13, 2003
Thank you both, I will go ahead and order it.

Gillian.
P
Phosphor
Jul 14, 2003
Gillian – PE should run in classic – BUT you need to start classic first and then open PE, otherwise the menus go misssing. (PS6 does the same thing too!)

Susan S
GC
Gillian Caverly
Jul 14, 2003
Thanks Sue, I’ve tried what you said and it does work.

Now I have the dilemma – do I really need to get PE2 when I already have PE1? Perhaps I will think about it for a bit longer!

Gillian.
P
Phosphor
Jul 15, 2003
Gillian – glad it worked – it fooled me at first too!

It is possible to get extraordinarily good results in PE1 – there are only a few differences between the two versions of the program.

If it runs OK on classic on your machine it might be worth waiting. Given Adobe’s product cycle one would expect PE3 to be available some time in the next 6-12 months. On my older snow G3 imac PE2 runs a bit slow with classic- I use it for running OS9 only plug-ins from time to time. It’s also, every now and then, crashed dramatically in classic – blue-screen, pray when restarting sort of crash; I’ve never had that problem running PE2 in OSX – if it hits problems it tends to gracefully disappear from the screen, without even leaving an unexpectedly quit message, but doesn’t bring the system down with it. Since I’ve put in extra memory it’s not crashed or quit on me in either classic or OSX however.
Susan S
GC
Gillian Caverly
Jul 16, 2003
You’ve helped me decide, Susan – I will wait a while. I have downloaded a trial version of PE2 and I agree with you about the differences.

Many thanks,
Gillian.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections