*Some* Captions Don’t Show in Slide Show – Why? And how to get them to?

DF
Posted By
david.f.jenkins
Nov 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My wife is using Elements 4.0 (and I’m not a user, so be patient with me if I sound like I don’t know what I’m talking about – I don’t). She has downloaded a bunch of pictures and wants to create a slide show. She entered a caption for every one of the pictures, and when she looks at the pictures in the Elements browser (?) it displays the caption under the picture image.

However, when she cretes a slide show from all of these pictures, a certain number of them (and it’s always the same ones) display no caption in the slide show image. She can pick just one slide (that shows the presence of a caption in the browser), make a slide show out of it, and it shows no caption.

I asked her if she did anything special with those pics, and she says that the only thing she *might* have done, was to use the red-eye remover tool. After she got rid of the red-eye, she deleted the original picture and kept the edited one (which, don’t forget, shows the caption, when viewing the pic in the broswer).

Does anyone have some advice as to how she can get all the pictures to reveal their captions in the slide show?

Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DF
david.f.jenkins
Nov 3, 2005
To clarify: When the photos were downloaded from the camera, Elements automatically removed red eye (the red-eye removal tool was not used) from the pictures on which the captions are missing.
LD
Lydia Dustbin
Nov 3, 2005
wrote in message
To clarify: When the photos were downloaded from the camera, Elements automatically removed red eye (the red-eye removal tool was not used) from the pictures on which the captions are missing.
Not a reply to the slide-show query, but a definite conclusion reached about upgrading my PE2.
I was worried about PE3, when I read some of the posts, and I sure as heck am dubious about PE4. 8(

PE2, meanwhile, chugs along nicely.

LdB

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections