how to show percentage rather than ruler?

N
Posted By
no
Jun 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello all,

I know this will be an easy question for you guys, but I can’t seem to remember how to view the percentage of an image on the left and top instead of seeing the ruler guide.

I’m trying to find the exact middle of certain images and it would be easier if I could see the guide in 0-100% instead of the ruler (so I don’t have to calculate the middle on every odd measurement…loll).

Thanks in advance…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

M
Marsupilami
Jun 24, 2004
FISH wrote:
Hello all,

I know this will be an easy question for you guys, but I can’t seem to remember how to view the percentage of an image on the left and top instead of seeing the ruler guide.

I’m trying to find the exact middle of certain images and it would be easier if I could see the guide in 0-100% instead of the ruler (so I don’t have to calculate the middle on every odd measurement…loll).
Thanks in advance…

That’s how I’d do…
I right click on the rulers and choose percent instead of cm or inches, I place the 0 of the rulers by right click on the square in the corner of the ruler.
I drag and drop them ’til I’m at 50 percent.
and I change again units if needed
I place two guides at the 0, horizontal and vertical, for easy control (with snap to guides activated).

HTH

+++++++++++
Houba houba.
Marsu.
"ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba"
The Troggs "I can’t control myself"
++++++++++
N
no
Jun 24, 2004
Thanks, that was easy enough…lol.

"Marsupilami" wrote in message
FISH wrote:
Hello all,

Thanks in advance…

That’s how I’d do…
I right click on the rulers and choose percent instead of cm or inches, I place the 0 of the rulers by right click on the square in the corner of the ruler.
I drag and drop them ’til I’m at 50 percent.
and I change again units if needed
I place two guides at the 0, horizontal and vertical, for easy control (with snap to guides activated).

HTH

+++++++++++
Houba houba.
Marsu.
"ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba"
The Troggs "I can’t control myself"
++++++++++

E
edjh
Jun 24, 2004
FISH wrote:
Hello all,

Thanks in advance…
In addition to what you’ve already learned: If you go to View>New Guide and type in 50% in each the Horizontal and Vertical fields it will automatically place guides which cross in the exact center.

AND if you change your Units in Preferences temporarily to Percent and make an action doing the above, the action will always place guides at 50-50 for any document, no matter the size, no matter what your Units are set to.

AND if you Select All and hit Ctrl-T a Transform box will appear with the crosshair hub in the exact center. You can snap guides to it. This will also find the center of any object or selection.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
N
no
Jun 24, 2004
WOW, it’s easy for us newbies to learn something new everyday…thanks for the helpful tip.

"edjh" wrote in message
FISH wrote:
Hello all,

I know this will be an easy question for you guys, but I can’t seem to remember how to view the percentage of an image on the left and top
instead
of seeing the ruler guide.

I’m trying to find the exact middle of certain images and it would be
easier
if I could see the guide in 0-100% instead of the ruler (so I don’t have
to
calculate the middle on every odd measurement…loll).

Thanks in advance…
In addition to what you’ve already learned: If you go to View>New Guide and type in 50% in each the Horizontal and Vertical fields it will automatically place guides which cross in the exact center.
AND if you change your Units in Preferences temporarily to Percent and make an action doing the above, the action will always place guides at 50-50 for any document, no matter the size, no matter what your Units are set to.

AND if you Select All and hit Ctrl-T a Transform box will appear with the crosshair hub in the exact center. You can snap guides to it. This will also find the center of any object or selection.

Comics art for sale:
L
Larry
Jun 25, 2004
FISH wrote:
WOW, it’s easy for us newbies to learn something new everyday…thanks for the helpful tip.

"edjh" wrote in message

FISH wrote:

Hello all,

I know this will be an easy question for you guys, but I can’t seem to remember how to view the percentage of an image on the left and top

instead

of seeing the ruler guide.

I’m trying to find the exact middle of certain images and it would be

easier

if I could see the guide in 0-100% instead of the ruler (so I don’t have

to

calculate the middle on every odd measurement…loll).

Thanks in advance…

Comics art for sale:
Not just newbies either!
I didn’t know about the ‘New Guide..’ command
Thanks very much for the tip!

mart c

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections