Posted By
buz
Jun 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello

I am trying to get a photo of a document and it seems regardless of the amount of light I use the ‘white’ paper of the document is an unpleasant grey.

Can someone tell me how to deal with this or lead me to the appropriate ‘Help’ document. All I want to do is turn the ‘grey’ paper to white.

TIA

Buz

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin Walls
Jun 9, 2005
As a starter, you might want to look at the Levels command [or, better, adjustment layer].
HB
Herb Brown
Jun 9, 2005
Buz,

Under what lighting conditions did you take the image and what WB setting did you use?

Herb

wrote in message
Hello

I am trying to get a photo of a document and it seems regardless of the amount of light I use the ‘white’ paper of the document is an unpleasant grey.

Can someone tell me how to deal with this or lead me to the appropriate ‘Help’ document. All I want to do is turn the ‘grey’ paper to white.
TIA

Buz
B
Bernie
Jun 9, 2005
….are you photgraphing in B&W????? have you changed the Mode to Greyscale???? if you have done thaty then follow as Colin suggests and adjust the Level…

david
WW
Will_Winn
Jun 9, 2005
I have been following this forum for a while but haven’t replied because I usually know just enough to work out my problems but not enough to rescue anyone else. Besides, the great folks on this forum are so knowledgeable that I just enjoy viewing from the sidelines in awe.

However, this is one topic that I’m quite familiar with. I do a lot of document scanning and editing and I have found that using the Replace Color command has worked best for me. Choose Enhance>Adjust Color>Replace Color and then use the Eyedropper to select an area on the document that you would like to lighten. Then push the Lightness: slider all the way to the right. That should turn your paper white but leave the text untouched.
B
buz
Jun 9, 2005
Thank you

I have worked with the levels command with marginal satisfaction. I will try the other suggestions and report back.

Thabnk you
B
buz
Jun 9, 2005
If anyone knows how to set an EOS Rebel to B&W mode I would appreciate it. I have perused the manual (quickly) and found no reference to B&W shooting mode.

Thabnk you
MM
Merrill_Mack
Jun 10, 2005
No B&W mode on the Rebel.
Merrill

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections