How do I use one of the RGB channels as the data for a black and white photo?

DQ
Posted By
Don Quixote
Nov 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Usually one of the three channels would be more suitable for black and white, but how do I use it?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
RSD99
Nov 10, 2004
See Russell Brown’s tutorial "Seeing in Black & White" … http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html

"Don Quixote" <don quixote @ yahoo.com> wrote in message
Usually one of the three channels would be more suitable for black and white, but how do I use it?

W
Waldo
Nov 11, 2004
Don Quixote wrote:

You could either use the channelmixer for that purpose or get rid of the channels you don’t want in the channel palette and applying grayscale to the channel that is leftover.

Waldo
MC
Mike Chamlee
Nov 14, 2004
From the Channels Palette, click on the channel you want to use. Then Image/Mode/Grayscale.
The resulting grayscale image will be made only from the channel that you had selected.

"Don Quixote" <don quixote @ yahoo.com> wrote in message

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections