AD
Posted By
Andy_Dalton
Jun 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I think I may be going crazy. I am trying to resize a picture to 800X600. I want to do this so I can send it to someone via email who has a real old computer and if the image is too large they will not really see it correctly. I have done this in the past and it has worked fine. I now for the life of me can not remember HOW I did it. If I go under Image>Resize pixels is not one of the options.

I *may* have used another program. I thought I had done this in either PSE3 or Photoshop. Am I nuts or did I do this, or did I use some other program?

Crazy minds want to know! 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AL
Adam_Lane
Jun 9, 2005
I use File->Export for any image that I want to e-mail. It has the ability to lower the resolution and save in a highly compressed compact file format.
O
o3v3tz
Jun 9, 2005
Andy,

Not sure if you are on a Mac or Windows platform. If you look at Save For Web, it produces a downsized version that can be used for email and it should be available on either platform.

Barb O
N
nannygoat
Jun 9, 2005
Andy,

You may have formerly resized an image for screen viewing at Image>Resize>Image Size. Make sure the "Resample" box is ticked and constrain aspect ratio. Use the drop down arrows to change the units to pixels and fill in the 800 where it belongs.
J
jdort
Jun 9, 2005
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 17:37:37 -0700, wrote:

I think I may be going crazy. I am trying to resize a picture to 800X600. I want to do this so I can send it to someone via email who has a real old computer and if the image is too large they will not really see it correctly. I have done this in the past and it has worked fine. I now for the life of me can not remember HOW I did it. If I go under Image>Resize pixels is not one of the options.

I *may* have used another program. I thought I had done this in either PSE3 or Photoshop. Am I nuts or did I do this, or did I use some other program?

Crazy minds want to know! 🙂

If you have Adobe’s Photoshop Elements, you can resize any phote file by using the "Image" pull-down menu from the top group, and then choose "resize" and type in the size you want the file to be, then save it with a new file name.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections