CH
Posted By
Chris_Hellie
May 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I click the EDIT button from the organizer and select AUTO FIX, it fires off right away and gets me to the AUTO FIX editor pane; but when I select QUICK FIX or STANDARD EDIT tabs the ADOBE PHOTOSHOP 3.0 window pops up and the contents read either "LOADING EDITING WORKSPACE" or "LOADING QUICK FIX TOOLS AND EDITING WORKSPACE" with a dragging, hesitating or studdering progress meter. Furthermore, when the editor does fire, the windows enlarge/reduce/enlarge/reduce and finally settle down to a working platform or the editor crashes altogether and returns me to the organizer page.

I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled (w/o virus software)

I’ve followed every step sequentially through the Adobe Troubleshooting guide and still no luck.

This is a new problem and I want it solved. Please help.

Thanks,
Chris

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 30, 2005
If this is a new problem (to me indicating it used to work correctly), I’d try deleting the Preference folder. That doesn’t get removed with an uninstall unless you do it manually. If it’s corrupt, that also explains why reinstalling didn’t help.

To delete it from the Editor portion, have Elements closed, and then click on the start up icon for Editor. VERY QUICKLY make a grab for the Control, Alt, and Shift keys and hold them down while Elements loads. You’ll get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes.

There’s a path to the preference folder that will let you delete or rename it manually, but I run a Mac and can’t remember what it is. It would be inside the Elements appliction folder.
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 30, 2005
Here’s the rename technique that Beth mentions: With Elements closed go to C:\Documents and Settings\ [user] \Application Data\Adobe\
Photoshop Elements (where [user] is replaced with your user name). Rename the folder 3.0 to 3.0.old. Then start Elements and the Preferences will be rebuilt to their default.

Bob
CH
Chris_Hellie
Jun 2, 2005
I tried that already, Bob, and it did not work. Thanks :(! Any other suggestions? Anyone…anyone…Buehler?

Thanks,
Chris
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Jun 2, 2005
Chris,

Several questions:

PE3 worked as expected for a while then this problem cropped up?

If the answer is yes has anything changed? New software, updates, driver updates, new hardware added?

What happens if you launch Editor directly from the Welcome screen without opening Organizer first?

What are the specs of your PC? Memory, processor, screen resolution, free hard drive space, peripherals, Win 2000 or XP? Do you defrag regularly? Do you scan for spyware regularly?

Have you tried stopping the services that PE launches to see if that helps:

Jim Jütte, "Services cause Poor Performance, Lost devices, Hangs, etc (Win)." #, 30 Mar 2005 8:49 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>

Sorry to shotgun this but if preference reset doesn’t fix it we need to look elsewhere.

Bob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections