RH
Posted By
Rodd_Hall
May 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
(SORRY – I’M NOT SHOUTING; MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS STUCK.) IS IT POSSIBLE IN STANDARD EDIT TO SEE A BEFORE AND AFTER VIEW, AS IN QUICK FIX? IF SO, HOW?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 27, 2005
Rodd ..

Why not duplicate your image before you start … that should give you a before image to view.

Hope you get your caps lock fixed soon 🙂

Wendy
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 27, 2005
Rodd,

Another way: I leave the original (background) layer untouched and make changes to various copies. That way at any time by turning visibility on and off I can see the effect of any change to the original or to any stage in between.

Bob
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 27, 2005
Bob,

What a good idea … I didn’t think of doing that 🙂

Wendy
RH
Rodd_Hall
May 27, 2005
Thanks to Wendy and Bob,

Both responses made me think "Duh … why didn’t I think of that?"

Rodd
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 27, 2005
Wendy and Rodd,

It all started when I didn’t know how to turn a background layer into a transparent one and had no idea what an adjustment layer was and I just keep doing it. 🙂 And only having a 17" monitor it saves workspace.

Bob
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 27, 2005
Bob,

I think that it is a really great way of doing it. 🙂

Wendy
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 27, 2005
Wendy,

Inexperience pays off occasionally. 🙂 The big disadvantage, though, is you still don’t get an actual side by side.

Bob
HH
Henrik_Hermansen
May 27, 2005
I just drag the Undo History window out on the workspace and pull it high. By clicking at any level between the new opened picture and the last edit I can see the changes (and at the same time do an undo if I want).
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 27, 2005
Henrik,

That works fine but not if you have done a lot of changes … you then tend to run out of history undo’s 🙂

Wendy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections