PB
Posted By
Paul_Brodie
Jul 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I downloaded pse 2.o starter edition and everything loaded fine and itt opens and appears to run fine however in the too bar I can not find the: magnetic lasso, or any other laso tool. Are these supposed to be missing in the starter edition or am I stupid and missing something myself?
Thanks for any help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JH
Jim_Hess
Jul 8, 2004
I have never used the trial version. But in the regular version it is on the same button as the regular lasso tool. Just click on the lasso tool, and hold down the button , and you will see the other choices from which to choose.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Jul 8, 2004
The trial version is just the same as the full version apart from the fact that it only works for 30 days … so the lasso should be where Jim told you it was.

Wendy
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 8, 2004
Something comes to mind when you mention ‘ starter edition ‘…Adobe Photoshop Album 2 has a ‘ Starter edition ‘…not Elements…Or did you mean Elements ‘trial’. As mentioned above, all tools are the same in the trial editions.
JH
Jim_Hess
Jul 8, 2004
Good catch, Jodi!
PB
Paul_Brodie
Jul 9, 2004
Thanks Jim. Yes, Jodi, you are right. I just downloaded both Album Starter Edition and Elements Trial. I just got the name wrong. I’m refering to Elements Trial version. I found the tools but I still can’t find this documented in the help or tutorial. They just tell you to select the magnetic lasso for instance but only tell you to select it from the too bar. There is no mention of the arrow in the corner to access the additional tools Thanks again, I’ve got it.
JH
Jim_Hess
Jul 9, 2004
I honestly don’t know if that is documented anywhere. The amazing, and sometimes frustrating, thing about Photoshop and Photoshop Elements is that there are so many shortcuts and menu options and other features to learn that it would be easy to overlook or forget something anyway. My problem is that I want to start using software as soon as I install it on my computer. There ain’t no way I’m going to take the time to read ALL of the help file first. Then, when I start asking why they don’t do something, and start taking the time to read the help file, I find all sorts of things available to me that I didn’t even know existed. Fortunately, we have this forum to help keep us going. 🙂
BG
Byron Gale
Jul 9, 2004
wrote
…There is no mention of the arrow in the corner to access the additional
tools…

Paul,

All of the "multiple-personality" tools (those with the little arrow on the toolbox icon which, when held, open a fly-out list) allow you to directly select which iteration of the tool you wish, via the icons toward the left end of the Options bar.

This is one example of the flexibility built into Elements — there are often many ways to go about a task, giving you the option of working as best fits YOU.

Byron

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections