AS
Posted By
Asher_Smith
Aug 28, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m on a brand new Dell Vista computer. Got it two days ago. 4 GB of ram, 500gb space, haven’t installed too many programs yet, mostly Photoshop and Office.

On my older XP, 1.5GB ram, (also with Photoshop CS3) I was able to zoom 4000×4000+ documents very quickly, and all the brushstrokes via tablet appeared instantly.

Unfortunately, I have no idea why this should not be the case for this new computer.

There is a noticeable delay when trying to zoom (even small, blank documents), and I cannot make too many brushstrokes at once, or Photoshop lags and the brushstrokes slowly appear.

This did not happen on my old computer, which has even less powerful hardware–so I suspect this is mostly due to either Vista settings, Photoshop settings, or other software.

The entire application is an "okay" speed. Menus open at normal speeds.

I went through the "How to make Photoshop faster" sections, but nothing has seemed to work. I changed "scratch disks", changed the memory % settings, but it hasn’t affected much.

Is there something I’m missing here?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MB
Michael_Brower
Aug 29, 2007
What are you using for virus software? Often times the real-time scanning of these programs takes a lot of CPU resources.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections