B
Posted By
baycoop
May 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When emailing a slide show my captions are lost. What am I doing wrong? Everything else is fine with the slideshow.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin Walls
May 28, 2005
Which version of PSE?
What kind of slideshow?
B
baycoop
May 28, 2005
Photoshop Elements 3.0 The slideshow is a PDF. I also made sure that the prefrences under the slide show had the box checked that said send include photo captions with as text.
CW
Colin Walls
May 28, 2005
The slideshow is a PDF. I also made sure that the prefrences under the slide show had the box checked that said send include photo captions with as text.

There is no option to do this. Where do you see this box? It is only visible when you choose Photo Mail (HTML) as the format.
O
o3v3tz
May 28, 2005
Photoshop Elements 3.0 The slideshow is a PDF.

Did you start the process for making the PDF that you emailed from the Share icon of the Organizer, from the Create icon of the Organizer or from an pull down menu (andwhich menu in the Organizer or the Editor) ?

I also made sure that the preferences under the slide show had the box checked that said send include photo captions with as text.

If you set the Slideshow Preferences for "Include Photo Caption as Text" within the Wizard/process of a Custom Slideshow, they will not apply when you create a PDF slideshow (also called a Simple Slideshow). Looking at the Simple Slideshow process to create a PDF, there is not a choice for captions on my screens.

Barb O
O
o3v3tz
May 29, 2005
If you want Captions on a PDF format slideshow, it appears that you could use the Process Multiple Files function in the Editor to create Extra Copies of each of the photos with the captions on top of the photo.

So if this is important to you, I suggest that you look at the Help for the Process Multiple Files. I experimented with the photos to be used in the Slideshow in one folder as a source and a different folder specified as the destination folder. Look at the doc and try the process to see the positioning options as well as the fonts, size and color.

My experience was that after doing the Process Multiple files, each of the multiple photos used were showing with an Edit lock (read band with lock symbol). I found another thread saying that it is a bug that these photos are locked; the workaround is to close the Editor workspace after completing the Process Multiple Files.

Then use the images with the captions superimposed from the Destination folder above to create the PDF slideshow.

Barb Olson
O
o3v3tz
May 29, 2005
Colin and others,

Slightly off topic of this thread

While I was looking at Process Multiple Files, I noticed that it also has a choice of superimposing the File Name on the photo. So it seems to me that this process could be a way to have File Name on photos in Slideshows – as has been requested multiple times. Since this is done (hopefully) to a copy of the photo, using Process Multiple Files seems a better way than pasting the File Name in to the Caption one file at a time.

Since it is done to the photo copy before starting the slideshow, it should be equally useful for Simple Slideshows and for Custom Slideshows or even slideshows done in another program. Its limitations would probably come from the positioning or color choices of the Process Muliplte Files.

The third choice is a date. The Missing Manual book says it is date last changed, which usually becomes today’s date. I think people would want date taken most of the time – so not much good for that purpose.

Comments……

Barb O
CW
Colin Walls
May 29, 2005
Barb

My only comment on your suggestion is that it is complex. It would force people to take a folder-oriented view, then make a the copy of the image files, then reimport. The type of use who typically wants to do this is often rather unsophisticated and might not follow the logic. Worth keeping in mind though.

Personally, I’d like to see Org have all [or almost all] of the Process Multiple Files functionality built into it.
B
baycoop
May 29, 2005
I used create.
B
baycoop
May 29, 2005
I use create/slideshow/edit/slideshow prefrences then i check the box.
CW
Colin Walls
May 29, 2005
I use create/slideshow/edit/slideshow prefrences then i check the box

So, you’re making a custom slideshow – a WMF file.
But you said:

The slideshow is a PDF.

I am confused.
O
o3v3tz
May 29, 2005
Colin,

My only comment on your suggestion is that it is complex. It would force people to take a folder-oriented view, then make a the copy of the image files, then reimport.

Agreed the intermediate steps of Process Multiple Files are more complex than would be desirable. I agree with the approach of "keeping it in mind" as an alternative for some situations.

Additionally, I agree with your observation that the OP needs to clarify whether the original question is about a Custom Slideshow WMF file or a Simple Slideshow PDF file.

Barb O

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections