JB
Posted By
Joanne_Boggs
May 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop Elements 3.0, with Windows. In the greeting card function, I want to have my photo span the entire front of the card, rather than be limited within the frame provided by the templates. Is this possible, and how do I do that?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Bernie
May 27, 2005
I am not certain you can do this in the "Create" portion of Elements… I had the same desire recently, I wanted to add some "Shapes" to a card in areas other than that of the image selected… What I ended up doing was re-creating the Greating Card Template as a New PSD… Using layers I created initially the background (Sized to 8X10) gave it the coulour and texture I wanted.. then added the other layers positioning one in the bottom Rt corner and the other (with verse) in the upper Left Corner then Rotated it to appear upsidedown…..If you want to try this I would reccommend that you use your GRID and RULER… and make each Layer as a NEW Image. Reason being is that the initial background has to be 8" X 10" (in my case anyway).. then the other 2 images 4" X 5"… that way they fit in porportion…. I am sure many others will have their own ways… but this worked for me… and I do tend to want to do things the hard way… 😀

David
DD
Don_Dresch
May 27, 2005
I want to print a faded picture then overlay a poem over the picture. The printed picture must be faded enough so that the poem is readable.

Thx,

Don Dresch
B
Bernie
May 27, 2005
Do you want to "Overlay" the poem so it is lighter and th epicture is sharp & Clear or the other way around????

For Clear Pic and faded Poem….

open org image and make duplicate
make new layer
type in your poem into the new layer
set to overlay…

Other way….

Open image make duplicate
Make new layer and set to SOLID COLOUR WHITE
Mke new Layer & Type in Poem
Move Duplicate Layer so it is on top of the White background layer & Set to Overlay. Move Poem Layer to top….

that should do it….

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections