KP
Posted By
Kay_Prescott
May 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it possible to resize images in batch with Photoshop Elements as you do with Photoshop Professional?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin Walls
May 26, 2005
PSE offers you at least 2 ways to do this [on Windows – and certainly 1 on Mac]. Do you need some further information or are you considering a purchase?
CW
Colin Walls
May 26, 2005
BTW, if you want more info, we’d need to know exactly what you mean by "resize".
KP
Kay_Prescott
May 26, 2005
I am on a windows platform. I am thinking of purchasing it but what I really need is to be able to change the size of my pictures to a smaller size of specific dimensions for viewing on a website and I really need to be able to do this to several pictures in one go or it will take me so long doing them individually.
CW
Colin Walls
May 26, 2005
Right. PSE actually provides 3 distinct ways to do this – 2 are in Organizer and the other in Editor. There are probably others that I haven’t thought of.

In Organizer, you can actually create entire Web sites [or microsites] very easily [take a look here if you want to see some examples: <http://www.colinwalls.com/challenge> ]. Although you may not want to do exactly this, the process is a neat way of automatically generating reduved sized images and thumbnails, all optimized for Web use, in one fell swoop. You just have to scavenge the files from the folder that it generates.

If you download the try-out version of the software, it is fully functional for 30 days.
KP
Kay_Prescott
May 26, 2005
That is excellent, thanks so much. I will download the try out now and explore the 3 ways you suggested to see which suits my purpose best.
Many thanks
CW
Colin Walls
May 26, 2005
The other 2, for completeness:

1) File/Export in Organizer.

2) File/Process Multiple Files in Editor.
KP
Kay_Prescott
May 26, 2005
That’s a really big help. Many thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections