BP
Posted By
brendon_pascoe
May 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Not strictly Elements related – but I stumbled across a site a couple fo months ago, detailing a few basics for beginners regards using and installing Actions for Photoshop. I think the same principles apply to Elements – so I wonder has anyone heard of something along the lines of the following –

Keep all downloaded actions in a folder in (windows PC for example) My Documents/Actions/ – then somehow (simple enough I recall) – one simply puts a shortcut to this folder inside the required folder in the root directory of Photoshop/Elements such as C:/program
files/adobe/photoshop/presets/etc

The idea is when you ‘need’ (have to) re-format your computer – you don’t have to go digging to find each and everything you installed throughout the year – you simply backup your My Documents folder.

Has anyone heard of, or use this sort of principle? If so, I would love to start employing it soon, before I get carried away with all the actions I seem to be accumulating of late.

Regards
Brendon

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 23, 2005
Hi, Brendon. No, it isn’t the same for Elements. You must put your actions into the Effects folder or the location required by your action player if you are using a player. Full Photoshop does not care where you store your actions. Elements does.
BP
brendon_pascoe
May 23, 2005
wrote:
Hi, Brendon. No, it isn’t the same for Elements. You must put your actions into the Effects folder or the location required by your action player if you are using a player. Full Photoshop does not care where you store your actions. Elements does.

Oh, ok, thanks Barbara – interesting point that. Especially given the similarities with PE 3 and Photoshop full.
Thanks for you input.
Brendon

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections