WR
Posted By
Werner_Reisacher
May 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use Photoshop Element 2 on Windows XP. Until 1 week ago, no technical problems. Since then, following happens:
When I click on dodge, burn, sponge, smudge and the other tools in the same category in the toolbox, the cursor does no more turn into a "circle" that indicates the diamter of the application. Instead, the cursor turns into the icon of that particular tool and I can only guess the size of the brush etc. I removed and reloaded the Photoshop Element 2 software already 3 times. Problem continues to show up.
Thanks for any help.

Werner

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 22, 2005
Werner,

A couple of things to try … first one is check that the Caps Lock isn’t on. If it isn’t then try deleting the prefs file:

To do that close down Elements then click on the start up icon and quickly hold down the Control, Alt and Shift keys (If you are a Mac user Apple, Alt and Shift). Continue to hold down all three keys until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings … just say Yes.

Hopefully one of them will sort it out … do let us know how you go on 🙂

Wendy
WR
Werner_Reisacher
May 22, 2005
Hi Wendy,
Wow, you made my day. The caps lock was not the problem. The Ctr/Alt/Shift worked like a marvel. I am back in business…..!!
Thank you so much Wendy,

Werner
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 22, 2005
Hi Werner …

Glad you are up and running again …:) 🙂

Keep a note of the Ctr/Alt/shift, whenever strange things happen in Elements it usually the first thing I try 🙂

Wendy
BG
Byron Gale
May 23, 2005
Werner,

I see that you already got things remedied, so am posting more for posterity than anything else…

The cursor behavior you cite is directly addressable via Edit > Preferences
Display & Cursors.

What you describe is what you get when Standard is selected for the Painting Cursors. Choosing Brush Size restores their display to what you prefer.

Byron
WR
Werner_Reisacher
May 24, 2005
Thank you very much for taking the time to help me with my problem. I am amazed about the depth of technical knowledge some of you out there have and I am delighted to meet people that are prepared to share.
Thank you!

Werner

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections