BT
Posted By
Bob_Turkel
May 17, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed the latest RAW plugin (ACR3.1) so that I could use PE3 and the Organizer to organize/edit RAW images from my Canon Rebel XT.

I can view the .CR2 images in the Editor, but if I try to get them with the Organizer, I get an error message about the file being damaged or in an unrecognized format.

Is this the correct behavior for the XT’s RAW files? Related to this, do I need to convert the .CR2 files through the Editor to another format to get them with the Organizer? Or, am I missing a workflow step here?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NJ
Neil_Jorgensen
May 17, 2005
Something’s wrong – the plugin should work for both Editor and Organizer (if a bit strangely in the Organizer.) Be sure that you’ve put the plugin in the correct directory (Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 3.0\Plug-Ins\File Formats) and the old Camera Raw plug-in has been removed or renamed. Then reboot, try again, and post with more info (OS version, CPU, memory, etc.) if you still have the problem.
JS
Jim_Solt
May 18, 2005
It is not the correct behavior. That is the same message I got before the ACR 3.1 plugin was released.

As to viewing the raw images in the editor, the only way I could do that before the 3.1 was to convert the raw image using another program.

Are you downloading the images directly from your XT or the CF card? I download directly from the card and place the images in the organizer before viewing them in the editor. Using this method, the first time I select a raw image to work on in the editor I am given no choice but to convert the image using the ACR 3.1. This works perfectly for me and my XT.

Before the 3.1, the jpegs went into the organizer and the .cr2s were rejected with the same message you get now. My guess is your 3.1 is not installed exactly right.

Jim
BT
Bob_Turkel
May 18, 2005
I am reasonably sure the plugin was in the correct spot. I had PE3 on a logical hard drive rather than my boot drive (D:\ rather than C:\)

I uninstalled and reinstalled PE3. This time I put it in the boot drive, although I do not like to do this. This was not a big deal because I am setting up a new computer, and had only begun to catalog the 2000 or so images I have saved for the past few years.

I updated PE3 to 3.01.

I reinstalled the plugin for RAW.

It is working now!!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections