Posted By
Silivren Eryn-Duin
Oct 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have a digital camera, and I would like to edit my photos to print them. Anybody knows of good plugins or actions to adjust photos in an easy way? I mean without too much hassle…

Such a plugins should correct color balance, saturation, blur, sharpen, and all the stuff to make a photo perfect for printing.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JW
JP White
Oct 21, 2003
Silivren Eryn-Duin wrote:

Hi,

I have a digital camera, and I would like to edit my photos to print them. Anybody knows of good plugins or actions to adjust photos in an easy way? I mean without too much hassle…

If you want a quick automated way of doing this work, Photoshop may not be the natural choice. There are many programs on the market at the low end that should do this nicely. In fact Photoshop Elements has several automated features that may be up your alley.

Such a plugins should correct color balance,

Curves and levels have an auto button. It’s OK if that’s all you want.

saturation,

As above.

blur, sharpen,

Which one? Blurring or sharpening is very easy with photoshop. What could be easier than applying a gausian blur or an unsharp mask?

and all the stuff to make a photo perfect for printing.

If you have a printer that has a color profile available, then that should increase your satisfaction.

JP
HH
Harry Hayes
Oct 21, 2003
You could try http://www.autofx.com/detail_pages/aedetail.html I have not used this myself, and it seems expensive!
Or this is a link to a review of a filter by Harald Heim, may be what you are looking for http://www.outbackphoto.com/workflow/wf_21/essay.html

Such a plugins should correct color balance, saturation, blur, sharpen, and all the stuff to make a photo perfect for printing.

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.525 / Virus Database: 322 – Release Date: 09/10/2003
H
Hecate
Oct 21, 2003
On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 01:29:48 +0200, Silivren Eryn-Duin
wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

There are plug-ins such as Intellihance, but you asked for good ones…

There are no good plugins to do that. There are some , like Intellihance (or Autoeye) which will,sometimes, improve a photograph, but none that will do what you want it to do i.e. make it look exactly right. For that, you need to do the work yourself. And given that you obviously aren’t willing to work at it, Photoshop is probably the worst program you could choose. You need something where things are much more automated like Elements or Ulead PhotoImpact. Try those, they’re much easier to use and you won’t have to work too hard to get decent output.

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui
TD
The Data Rat
Oct 22, 2003
http://share.studio.adobe.com/ has a ton of free plug ins. Some work as described, others don’t, but you can pretty much tell by the ratings how well they work. I like this site best because it is a) free b) examples are shown 90% of the time and c) they are rated by users. I check it weekly. Maybe I will get good enough to actually post an action there one day!

S

"Silivren Eryn-Duin" wrote in message
Hi,

Thanks
SE
Silivren Eryn-Duin
Oct 22, 2003
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:22:33 +0100, Hecate wrote:

choose. You need something where things are much more automated like Elements or Ulead PhotoImpact. Try those, they’re much easier to use and you won’t have to work too hard to get decent output.

Or perhaps Paint Shop Pro 8, it has some good automated features…
KR
keith reynolds
Oct 23, 2003
Photoshop has auto function for brightness/contrast and one for color levels. click on them to see what it does to the image to see if I like the output.

Silivren Eryn-Duin wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections