SF
Posted By
Steven_Fromewick
May 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How can I preset the Color Management preference? Each and every time I open up a photo in the editor, I am asked to choose a color management selection. Forgetting for the moment whether or not I am making the right choice, how can I stop the pop-ups? If I open up 10 photos, it stops and asks me for the choice on each one. This is very annoying and time consuming. I looked all over for a preset option and can find none. How can I stop the pop-ups?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
RobertHJones
May 14, 2005
Steven,

The dialog box you are talking about only comes up if the photo you are opening does not have an embedded profile (is untagged) and you have chosen full color management as your color setting.

That’s the way it’s supposed to work. Full color management preserves the existing image profile and, quite rightly, asks what you want to use if the image is not tagged.

If you do not want the color management dialog box to pop up, you will need to either save all your images with an embedded profile, or change the color management option to either limited color management or no color management. Before you do, check to see whether you checked the ignore exif box in preferences (PSE3). If your camera embeds an accurate color space exif tag you can use it.

Limited and no color management do not honor or preserve any embedded colorspace and won’t prompt you for what to use.
SF
Steven_Fromewick
May 14, 2005
OK, you seem to know what you’re doing, which is a bit more than I know. I just got the Canon Digital Rebel XT, and it shoots in sRGB or Adobe. I believe the best mode for me is sRGB, and Adobe is for more highly commercial, high-end printing needs. Although I will be printing professional quality prints (hopefully) I’ll be shooting in RAW + JPEG.

So, if I intend to use sRGB, and I certainly want all of the shooting data from the file to be preserved, what settings do you suggest I set PSE3 at?

I realize that the whole Color Management aspect of camera to print can be somewhat complicated and convoluted, with printer profiles, etc. However, getting it into the computer intact, with the correct color space, and working on the shots in the correct environment, is a prerequisite before I figure out the best quality printing method. I also want to avoid these pop-ups, IF POSSIBLE.

What do you suggest.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections