Posted By
Paul_Storey
May 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have 2 problems…

1) Using F11 from within organiser the slideshow transitions are very jerky indeed.

I am running PE3 on a Pentium-M 1.8GHz laptop, 512 RAM, 128MB graphics accelerator and WinXP (with service pack 2).
Not sure if transitions can be changed or switched off during this mode but my settings are as default. Oh, and the slideshow music is switched off.
Disk was defragged recently, with plenty of free space and there are no other applications running simultaneously.

2)This may be related, but when I ‘preview’ an image (ie double clicking on a photo’s thumbnail in organiser, giving the larger view of the photo) I initially get a pixelated image which takes maybe 2 secs to refresh to a ‘normal’ resolution image.
The photos are 6Mpixel jpeg’s.
ACDSee displays these same images without delay so why can’t an otherwise great application like PE3?

Incidentally one of my friends is also experiencing these same 2 problems and he uses an Athlon 3000 XP with 1Gb of RAM.

This is proving very frustrating so any help is appreciated!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 13, 2005
Paul,

There are a couple of "Services" that Elements launches that can put a big load on your PC. If you haven’t already take a look at this FAQ:

Jim Jütte, "Services cause Poor Performance, Lost devices, Hangs, etc (Win)." #, 30 Mar 2005 8:49 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>

For more info look at this by Barbara Brundage:

< http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2005/03/30/PE3forWindows.htm l>

Let us know if it works?

Bob
PS
Paul_Storey
May 13, 2005
Thanks Bob, I’ll give that a go.
Will update you on the outcome.

Cheers!
Paul.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections