HR
Posted By
Hilma Ruby
Apr 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I belong to 2 websites that have my work posted. I believe one is in GB and probably doesn’t sell the photos(?) and the other is great (Outdoor Eyes) but they seem to be geared only to outdoor photography (dad). Is there a good free or low cost sight that handles ALL types of art photography or should I create one (haven’t the foggiest idea of how and how to get exposure)? My daughter is also a potter and perhaps someone here can lead to some other sites accepting all kinds of art including oils.

Hilma

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 1, 2005
Hilma,

FWIW there’s always ebay if you don’t find something more specialized. I believe Jodi Frye has had some success there.

Bob
RR
Raymond Robillard
May 1, 2005
I use Pbase to expose my photos. Pbase makes it easy to create gallery, and show your work at various sizes (without you moving a finger).

If you want to show something for sale, though, keep in mind to show only very limited size (640 x 480, really nothing more), and watermark your pictures, in a very visible way, so that they don’t get stolen.

Ray
P.S. Address is www.pbase.com
JS
Jeffrey_Seidel
May 2, 2005
There are several sites out there that allow ‘members’ to post/store photos and allow ‘customers’ to browse them and perhaps purchase usage rights to them. These sites are usually an extremely poor deal for the photographer/artist. The owners of these sites make money from each side of the transaction and reward the poster with next to nothing (usually). There might be a few legit brokering sites out there, but I’ve yet to find one that would suit much of anyone’s concept of income producing.

I use the method cited by Raymond, create galleries on PBase. Of course, there are other sites that perform the same function and you should check around for one that suits your personal needs. If you are trying to sell photos/art/whatever … you might be better served by creating your own site. Sites like PBase are really only for generating some exposure and exchanging critiques on technique.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections