MR
Posted By
Mark_Reibman
Apr 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
pbase has a magazine. Published by photographers independent of pbase.

<http://www.pbase.com/magazine>

For Macs, select the ‘alternative’ Adobe Reader 5 pdf issue

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RR
Raymond Robillard
Apr 26, 2005
Mark, if I have Acrobat 7 on my Mac, won’t the regular download works as well ?

I’m at work, can’t test this.

Ray
P.S. Thanks for sharing this link !!!!
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 26, 2005
Yes, it takes a minute to load, but it works in Reader 7 for Mac.
JC
Jane Carter
Apr 27, 2005
Hi Mark, Just looked at the magazine,,,,,
I love pbase, been using it from almost the beginning. They are the winner.

The magazine is, well OK, sort of. But Ive seen lots better, they’ve got some great instructional articles. But some of the other stuff, nahhhh.
But this is the first issue, so I must be patient, they will come up with better stuff. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, I didnt see it mentioned anywhere else. Jane
MR
Mark_Reibman
Apr 27, 2005
Jane,

Interesting. I didn’t read any of it. I was really impressed with the professional look of the magazine. The thought did arise, ‘I hope it’s not all looks and no content’. Well, I’ll give it a read. Give them your feedback and they will have more chance to get better. Certainly has potential.
PA
Patti Anderson
Apr 27, 2005
It definitely has "looks", a little too much for my taste!! IMHO…I think they should have just given links to Bill Bates galleries.

Good tips, on customizing galleries. 🙂

Patti
JC
Jane Carter
Apr 27, 2005
I did send feedback last night, and also did mention the "Bill Bates Galleries" would not be appropriate for some people or classes which include youngsters.
I have a neighbor who taught math in our local grammar school who just got a huge promotion to teach Photoshop, Web Design, and other goodies in our local High School. Its her hobby. So I try to send her links to neat stuff, and this unfortunately cant be included. I have shown her pbase, and she will be recommending it to her students for their picture albums.
I am hoping that the Magazine will change this content, as you say, just provide links. Jane

edit, I just got this response from the Magazine people,

"Hello Jane,
thanks for the thoughtful response.
Incidentally, Slug and Emily are not related to the magazine besides offering to host it and let us use the PBase name. The magazine is run by regular pbase users and has no effect on how PBase as a photography hosting site evolves.

Your point about semi-nudity and youngsters is very valid. We have begun work on the 2nd edition where there would be more instructional articles which may be more suited to the audience you are referring to.

regds
arjun"

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections