LK
Posted By
Leen_Koper
Nov 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have to scan some images in a magazine, bity as you all know, these images consist of little dots – I don’t know how to explain this any better in english as my dictionary fails here.
Hoe can I suppress these dots? The images have to be printed again and I ‘m afraid this will cause moiré.

I think I remember there has been a discussion about this item before, but as I don’t know how to search for a keyword I don’t know…..

Leen

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NS
Nancy_S
Nov 27, 2003
Leen,

halftone is the word

Your scanner should have compensation for moire. Check out its options for document type and such.
LK
Leen_Koper
Nov 27, 2003
Nancy, it was on the tip of my tongue.
Sometimes you cannot remember simple things, like names or titles of songs and this keeps going through your mind all day.

Thanks and I ‘ll check my scanning software tomorrow in the studio.

Leen
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 27, 2003
Look for a Descreen option, Leen. (Sorry, my Nederlands is limited to the words to "Lang zal ze leven"–no idea what it would be called in Dutch.)
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 28, 2003
I have vague memory but wasn’t there word about putting the document at an angle in the scanner to prevent this ?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections