Posted By
Joseph Chamberlain
Sep 25, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Dear members:

I am trying to find a tutorial on how to accomplish this effect with Photoshop but haven’t had any luck.

The effect I am looking for is the one where you place on a document a strip cut out from a newspaper or magazine header to illustrate that it refers to a published article. I have seen it before on different web sites and PowerPoint presentations. The "strip" is cut from the image of a magazine or newspaper page and then placed on a different photoshop document with drop shadows to simulate it has been placed almost in a similar fashion we would do when working with scrap books.

Do any of you know how this effect is called ? I have seen references to "snippets" but this doesn’t seem to be the appropriate description for this.

Can anyone suggest a web page or book where I can find a tutorial on how to accomplish this effect ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Joseph Chamberlain

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NK
Neil_Keller
Sep 25, 2008
Joseph,

I take this approach; one that’s easy and realistic. Just tear out a real newspaper or magazine page (or a blank page), scan it, and erase the printed content. That’s one layer, and easy enough to add a soft shadow in Photoshop. Superimpose the "real" printed clipping text and graphics.

Neil

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections