PL
Posted By
Paul Leduc
Jun 25, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am creating a template in Photoshop CS2, that I want to use for identification cards. I have divided the sheet up into a number of similar blocks, and created the first ‘card’ in the first block. It consists of a number of layers, and I wish to keep the layers as is.. ie, not merged together, as I will be modifying data on these layers later.

Is there any way of mass copying this card into the other blocks? So far, the only way I have found to do this, is to select each layer, duplicate it, and move the duplicate data into the next block.. then there is the problem of alignment, etc.

It would be real simple if I could simply select all the objects on all the layers in the first card, and copy them into the other blocks on the page.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 25, 2007
Put them in Layer sets (those little folders) and duplicate the sets.
BD
Brett Dalton
Jun 28, 2007
Layer sets are the way to go but you might want to look at Indesign for this type of application if you have it available. It is capable of doing data mergers from a spreadsheet or database just like MS Word can which will save you HEAPS of work.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections