Posted By
thrillme
Sep 2, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please help if you can.

I’ve worked with PS CS3 for months. Suddenly, when I started PS, it stated in several Alert boxes that several commands or objects are not available:

"The command "Make" is not currently available. The command "Feather" is not currently available. The command "Layer Via Copy" is not currently available. The object "layer" is not currently available. The command "Fill" is not currently available. The object "current layer" is not currently available."

I don’t know why these Alert boxes appeared, or what to do to make the command available. Honestly, I don’t even know what I’m missing at this point.

Should I reinstall Photoshop?

Any help would be deeply appreciated!

thrillme

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

D
Dirk
Sep 4, 2009
Sometimes damaged preferences settings cause strange behaviour. Before you go an reinstall the application, maybe you want to delete the prefs file. On MacOS X it usually is located inside you Library folder: {your-home-directory}/Library/Preferences/

Quit Photoshop, then go to the preferences folder. There you look for com.adobe.Photoshop.plist, Adobe Photoshop CS3 Paths and Adobe Photoshop CS3 Settings. If you use another language than english, there might be an additional settings folder. Drag them out of the Preferences to another place, in order to restore them in case.

Now launch Photoshop again. With a little luck the alert boxes won’t appear nomore. Otherwise – sorry… 😉

Good luck!

thrillme schrieb:
Please help if you can.

I’ve worked with PS CS3 for months. Suddenly, when I started PS, it stated in several Alert boxes that several commands or objects are not available:

"The command "Make" is not currently available. The command "Feather" is not currently available. The command "Layer Via Copy" is not currently available. The object "layer" is not currently available. The command "Fill" is not currently available. The object "current layer" is not currently available."
I don’t know why these Alert boxes appeared, or what to do to make the command available. Honestly, I don’t even know what I’m missing at this point.

thrillme
T
thrillme
Sep 4, 2009
Dirk,

You had me feeling optimistic for a moment! Thanks for that, anyway.

But restoring the com.adobe.Photoshop.plist file made no difference.

Thanks again,
thrillme

On 2009-09-04 03:58:33 -0700, Dirk said:

Sometimes damaged preferences settings cause strange behaviour. Before you go an reinstall the application, maybe you want to delete the prefs file. On MacOS X it usually is located inside you Library folder: {your-home-directory}/Library/Preferences/

Quit Photoshop, then go to the preferences folder. There you look for com.adobe.Photoshop.plist, Adobe Photoshop CS3 Paths and Adobe Photoshop CS3 Settings. If you use another language than english, there might be an additional settings folder. Drag them out of the Preferences to another place, in order to restore them in case.

Now launch Photoshop again. With a little luck the alert boxes won’t appear nomore. Otherwise – sorry… 😉

Good luck!

thrillme schrieb:
Please help if you can.

thrillme
JD
Jeff Dalzell
Nov 25, 2009
Hi,

Just saw your post and remembered having these error messages come up – it happened while running an action that hadn’t completed.

Do you use actions?

Jad

thrillme wrote:
Dirk,

You had me feeling optimistic for a moment! Thanks for that, anyway.
But restoring the com.adobe.Photoshop.plist file made no difference.
Thanks again,
thrillme

On 2009-09-04 03:58:33 -0700, Dirk said:

Good luck!

thrillme schrieb:
Please help if you can.

thrillme

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections