CC
Posted By
Chris_Crane
Oct 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I really must be dumb today, try as I may, while running PhotoShop 5, I cannot get an object to transform to a transparent image. I’m attempting to place a grayscale oval logo onto another grayscale, which is the background. I’ve tried saving the object as a transparent.psd, as well as clipping paths, and the export transparent wizard, but I keep getting the white background box around the grayscale oval. Also, for some reason I cannot get the Marquee Tool to show the Elliptical Option to copy out only the oval.
What am I missing here? Thanks for your reply.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NB
Norbert_Bissinger
Oct 24, 2003
In your Oval background double click on Background in the Layers Palette and click on OK in the upcomming box.
Use the Magic wand tool and click in the white then go to Edit-Cut. Or select the oval with the same tool and Edit-Copy then past it over the background.
CC
Chris_Crane
Oct 24, 2003
That did the trick, Thank You!
NB
Norbert_Bissinger
Oct 24, 2003
You are welcome.
I was struggling years ago. Now if I see a post I can answer (easy ones) I do so to relieve the havy hitters. (with real knowledge)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections