Posted By
Paul Burdett
Jan 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello:
I have downloaded some free actions (PS7) from the net. Sometimes when applying one of the actions I get a message that a particular command or object is not available. Why is this and how do I correct it? Also, on one particular action the command "merge visible" was not available, but it was available on another action. All help appreciated, Cheers,
Paul

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

E
edjh
Jan 6, 2004
Paul Burdett wrote:

Hello:
I have downloaded some free actions (PS7) from the net. Sometimes when applying one of the actions I get a message that a particular command or object is not available. Why is this and how do I correct it? Also, on one particular action the command "merge visible" was not available, but it was available on another action. All help appreciated, Cheers,
Paul
It all depends on what that action step does. If it requires something that’s not on your system, it can’t work. Open up the action and look at each step. In the case of Merge Visible, are there visible layers that can be merged? Is the current layer visible?

Without knowing what the action does, there’s no way to answer further. —
Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
PB
Paul Burdett
Jan 7, 2004
"edjh" wrote in message
Paul Burdett wrote:

Hello:
Paul
It all depends on what that action step does. If it requires something that’s not on your system, it can’t work. Open up the action and look at each step. In the case of Merge Visible, are there visible layers that can be merged? Is the current layer visible?

Without knowing what the action does, there’s no way to answer further. —
Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html

Thank you for the reply, I will follow your advice. I’m still confused though…if the person that created the action was able to apply it to a single image, why can’t I apply the same action to my single image? Would it depend on the Photoshop version?
Cheers,
Paul

H
Husky
Jan 7, 2004
On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 13:30:10 +1000, "Paul Burdett" wrote:

I’ve found the biggest problem with those free actions is they need a selection ie: some frames actions specifically.
select all, contract, reverse selection and run the frames action and now you have a frame.

If nothings selected, nothing happens or it says something like layer not selected or something like the errors you got. Totally useless error descriptions.

but usually it’s a layer that was hand made and named that the action knows nothing about.
Paul

more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html
H
Hecate
Jan 8, 2004
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 10:42:25 -0500, Husky wrote:

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 13:30:10 +1000, "Paul Burdett" wrote:

I’ve found the biggest problem with those free actions is they need a selection ie: some frames actions specifically.
select all, contract, reverse selection and run the frames action and now you have a frame.

If nothings selected, nothing happens or it says something like layer not selected or something like the errors you got. Totally useless error descriptions.

but usually it’s a layer that was hand made and named that the action knows nothing about.

And the ones that don’t do that were usually done with a piece plug in that you don’t have… 😉

Hecate

veni, vidi, reliqui

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections