Posted By
John_Syverud
Mar 29, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

I searched quite a few items first and didn’t see this problem, so I hope it’s not redundant. I just upgraded to CS4 after using CS3 without any problems whatsoever. I have already encountered a pretty serious and unusual bug in photoshop: the first time I tried to draw a vector line, the entire screen – except for the tool and palette bars, and the menu bar, pixelated into random RGB noise. I wish I could describe it exactly, but I’ve seen video displays and graphics cards display the pattern as a test before. Undoing the action, OR rasterizing it restores the display to normal. The same for any other vector objects – square, ellipse, and so on. I’ve barely tested out my new Photoshop CS4, so I’m not sure if there are any issues beyond that, but it’s pretty clear the issue is bitmap (fine) versus vector (BAD!). Incidentally, I’ve tested out Illustrator and had NO problems whatsoever. I’ve also tried disabling and enabling open GL.

I have an imac, 2.33 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 gb memory,NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT, running OS X 10.4.11, 50 gigabytes free on my hard disk.

Any thoughts?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Mar 29, 2009
Did you install the Photoshop 11.0.1 update?
JS
John_Syverud
Mar 29, 2009
Yep, no difference.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections