GB
Posted By
g_ballard
Mar 19, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve tried to migrate my account over quite a few times.

It ends in "That screen name is unavailable. Please enter another screen name.

I guess that means someone is using my original screen name and I will not be able to keep it in the new system.

Hello,

As you may have already heard, there are changes coming soon to the Adobe User to User Forums….we are kindly asking you to please log into your forums account and then follow the prompts to migrate your account.

To complete this short migration process, please log into your account using your current User to User Forums account and password. During this process, you will be asked to create a new Adobe ID or sign in with an Adobe ID if you already have one. This Adobe ID will be used to sign in once the new Adobe Forums are live in April 2009.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Bernie
Mar 19, 2009
I seem to be logged into both forums but did not see any migration prompt.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 19, 2009
What John Cornicello instructed me to do in a similar situation was to create yet another Adobe ID Account using my current e-mail address.

And then go to any other Accounts and change the Screen names in all of those to something that I didn’t want to use.

Wait a little while, then go back to the NEW Adobe ID Account that you have just created and change the Screen Name there to the one that you actually want to use from now on.

That worked for me.

Now I just have to remember all the other Adobe Accounts (with a number of different now-extinct e-mail addresses that I once had!) because my software registrations are scattered like confetti amongst at least three of them.

It’s a crazy system.
GB
g_ballard
Mar 19, 2009
That’s way overload…looks like I’ll wait until it is all done and then start over with a new name.

That’s progress for ya…
NT
Nini Tj
Mar 19, 2009
I have several adobe IDs too. Plus a macromedia one (which I noticed yesterday when I ventured into the Dreamweaver forum which I’ve not visited since 2006… (because it doesn’t have any subsciption options for email what I can find)) and that one still automatically logged me in… I got a new Adobe ID again very recently because of the preparations for the new forums. Adobe systems never seem to remember ones already existing Adobe IDs. I have the same problem when trying to actually buy something via adobe.com.
B
Buko
Mar 19, 2009
the new forum is such a pain in the ass nobody will come here anyway after the switch over.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 19, 2009
The Questions will no doubt be posted … but I just wonder how many people who know the ANSWERS to those questions will bother to contribute any longer?

The Adobe Forum Development Team have succeeded only in wrecking the Forums both for Adobe Systems Inc. as well as for their Customers.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Mar 19, 2009
This belongs in the Blame Obama thread in the lounge.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Mar 19, 2009
Adobe is its own worse nightmare. Just kickin back and watching Rome fall is justice enough.
GB
g_ballard
Mar 20, 2009
its kind of like having one machine – my main machine – not being able to stay logged in any more…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections