Have you read about the changes in these forums?

BB
Posted By
by_Buko
Jul 30, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know some of you know this but for those who missed it.

Adobe buys Macromedia but we have to change to their forums this really sucks!

<http://www.adobeforums.com/forummigration.html>

Chris Baham, "New forum interface announced" #1, 26 Jul 2006 1:49 pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

<http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc0fb97/>

graffiti, "The new forum login and screen names." #1, 28 Jul 2006 12:51 pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

Dave Saunders, "No msearch available" #1, 27 Jul 2006 4:38 am </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Jul 30, 2006
Why would you expect any but a few people to read something that is linked, in red text, and placed at the top of every Adobe Forum?

It’s rarely worked before, and you expect it to work now?

😉 😉
BB
by_Buko
Jul 30, 2006
Why would you expect any but a few people to read something that is linked, in red text, and placed at the top of every Adobe Forum?

I don’t expect it.

That’s why I started this thread with links to other threads like it.
BB
by_Buko
Aug 1, 2006
You guys have no idea how bad the new forums are.
P
povimage
Aug 1, 2006
They suck raw eggs!
P
povimage
Aug 1, 2006
I suggest they leave the Lounge, at least, unchanged.

The new forums will kill the spontaneity and organic flow of the lounge community.
AR
alan_ruta
Aug 1, 2006
Is there a specific date when these changes will be de facto?

In a few weeks doesn’t mean much especially when I don’t know when the "In a few weeks" was posted.

alan
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 1, 2006
Should we say our goodbye’s now?
BB
by_Buko
Aug 1, 2006
I’m just going to have to come on over and harass you in person Ken. B)
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 1, 2006
That’s going to be a lot easier than driving over to LRK’s to help her pick out a new computer, or sailing over to to see Steve’s Cintique in action. These forums have saved us a lot of gas money.
R
Ram
Aug 1, 2006
In a few weeks doesn’t mean much especially when I don’t know when the "In a few weeks" was posted.

That appears to be the way "they" want it. :/
CJ
Cindy_Johnston
Aug 1, 2006
Wasn’t there a post about this with some 300 messages in it? I’d only read half of them and now can’t find it.

Edit: In that thread I believe some guy named Stuart was calling us all idiots for not liking the changes.

Cindy
R
Ram
Aug 1, 2006
That was in the Lounge, I think, Cindy.

[ADDED:] Stuart McCoy, "New forum interface announced" #36, 26 Jul 2006 4:26 pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/35>
BB
by_Buko
Aug 1, 2006
some guy named Stuart was calling us all idiots for not liking the changes.

he thinks anyone is an idiot if you don’t agree with him.
P
progress
Aug 1, 2006
by Buko – 6:32am Aug 1, 06 PST (#3 of 12)

You guys have no idea how bad the new forums are.

Judging by the PP front page and the extra hurdle to get here once/if it finally loads i’d say its probably something we can all look forward to as a ground zero of useability.

This is bad enough, but the web offerings so far are terrible…just admit it, vbb does a much better & faster job.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 1, 2006
I get the feeling like I’m going to try to sign on here one day and it will be the Loma Linda Baking Forum.
C
crayola
Aug 3, 2006
At least the new forums will get rid of the retardness of the lounge.
C
Cindy
Aug 3, 2006
A reprieve

Good news.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 3, 2006
Lounge readings up to 78 RPS (Retardedness Per Second) today. That is pretty high.
KH
Kath_Howard3
Aug 3, 2006
You have to be pretty retarded to get permanently banned from the lounge.
C
crayola
Aug 3, 2006
You have to be pretty retarded to waste so much of your life talking about nothing.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 3, 2006
This would be a good topic for the lounge.
D
dhowe
Aug 4, 2006
The forum migration has been postponed indefinitely. See <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc1240a/0>.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 4, 2006
yeah, but we can still continue to discuss it for the next 9 weeks…

: )
BB
by_Buko
Aug 4, 2006
The forum migration has been postponed indefinitely. See <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc1240a/0>.

Nobody reads post #16
D
dhowe
Aug 5, 2006
Buko, just in this case or in all cases? 😉 I know I just scanned right over it…in-depth reading of every single post is probably too much to expect given the information load most of us are under.
BB
by_Buko
Aug 5, 2006
We’ll forgive you this time, just don’t let it happen again. B)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections