GB
Posted By
George_Beebe
May 7, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After working to have all devices and screen use the same color gamut profile with very satisfactory results, I am left with the PE 2 program indicating that a file being opened does not have the same profile as the current RGB working space.

How does one change the default working space in PE 2?

I have a iMac running OS X 10.2.8 with Epson 1670 scanner and Epson C84 printer. I am set on full color management in PE 2 and use Mac ColorSync through out the process.

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Roy
May 8, 2005
wrote in message
After working to have all devices and screen use the same color gamut profile with very satisfactory results, I am left with the PE 2 program indicating that a file being opened does not have the same profile as the current RGB working space.

How does one change the default working space in PE 2?

I have a iMac running OS X 10.2.8 with Epson 1670 scanner and Epson C84 printer. I am set on full color management in PE 2 and use Mac ColorSync through out the process.

Thanks

PE 2 is not so well equiped for color Management as the full Ps program.

When you are set for Full Color Management, you do not get the option to choose a working space. When you open an image, it seems to open with whatever profile is tagged, and there does not seem to be any way of changing that.

However this is not a major problem, because when you go to print that image using "Print Preview" and go to the CM screen, you will see that the "Source Space" profile is shown as whatever that print happens to be. So the necessary conversions, if any, between the Working Space and the Tagged Profile will be done.

And after you choose your Printer / Paper Profile in "Print Space" those additional conversions will be done.

If you are trying to choose the same profile, (sRGB or Adobe RGB), all the way through the system, that is not the correct procedure for CM.

sRGB and Adobe RGB are 2 Working Space Profiles, which are used, in the background, by the program for making the changes corresponding to your manipulations. You also need a Monitor Profile, Printer Profile specific to the Paper you intend using in it, and the Profile for your Epson Scanner. The latter is an input profile which converts the Epson data so that numbers for the colours match up with the Working Space Profile. The first 2 are output profiles which change the numbers for the Working space Profile to show correct colours on screen and in the print.

It is quite a complicated subject, but not rocket science, and quite often what seems like a sensible solution is not the correct one. It could be that Col Sync is doing all this for you, but it is very easy to make just one little change which throws the whole thing out of gear, if you do not understand the underlying principles.

Any way, do have fun.

Roy G

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections