LG
Posted By
Lorace_Graham
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I got an email from someone who had read my review on Epinions.Com about Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0.

They wanted to know if you can email pictures from the program using Outlook Express.

I don’t use Outlook, so have no idea.

Appreciate any help in replying.

Lorace

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Aug 20, 2004
Hmmm. That’s kind of a trick question. Every e-mail program, including Outlook Express, has an Attach feature, so it doesn’t matter what program the pictures have been edited in. Are they really asking if Elements’ Attach to E-Mail feature can be configured to use OE? If so, the answer is yes, but that feature is very limiting, because you can only send one image per message. I think a whole lot of us just send from our e-mail program, regardless of which one it is.
JD
Juergen_D
Aug 20, 2004
Lorace,
What a nice write-up! I agree with Beth that the emailing feature is not one of Element’s strong capabilities. But there are probably folks out there who don’t know how to manually attach a file to an email. In Elements click on Help >Index >e >e-mailing images. There is a pretty good description of what Elements does.

Juergen
EW
Ed_Wurster
Aug 20, 2004
Lorace_Graham wrote:
Hi, I got an email from someone who had read my review on Epinions.Com about Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0.

They wanted to know if you can email pictures from the program using Outlook Express.

Yes, you can do this. As mentioned, only one jpg can be sent with the email.

Ed
LG
Lorace_Graham
Aug 20, 2004
Thanks to all of you for your great answers. I had told her that she certainly could attach pictures to any email program.

Oftentimes when people ask questions it’s hard to know what they are REALLY asking as our terminologies differ.

I’m in awe of you all! lol (poet, huh?)

Lorace
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Aug 20, 2004
Lorace,
I do use Outlook Express to send multiple picture file attachments. However, they are not sent from Elements. Here is my work flow:
1. Save pictures in a file, either downloaded from the camera or processed in Elements, or both. This is a "source" folder. I use JPEG.
2. Right click on blank area of the file box>arrange icons>modified
3. Control + click the picture files which you want to send as an attachment
4. Right click a file>send to mail recipient
5. When the box comes up to make all pictures smaller, I do that, as it sizes them to be manageable for the recipient. The usual Outlook Express send box comes up ready for a message with attachments.
I use Outlook Express and Windows XP
Ken
JH
Jim_Hess
Aug 20, 2004
At home I use MSN Messenger inside of MSN 8 for my e-mail because MSN is my Internet provider. The e-mail program allows you to put multiple pictures within the body of the e-mail, and also gives you the option to store a print quality copy of the pictures in an online photo account for thirty days in case the recipient wants a print. The pictures are actually displayed within the body of the e-mail message, too. It really is a much friendlier way to share pictures by e-mail. I wonder what things will be like in another 10 years. All this stuff we are doing now will seem so archaic.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections