SK
Posted By
Stefan_Klein
May 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know that when palette docks are hidden (by pressing the tab key) I can get them back temporarily by moving the mouse to the edge of the monitor.
But is there a way to only hide the tool palette while keeping all the other palettes and still being able to get the tool palette back just by going to the (in my case) left side of the monitor to get the tool palette back temporarily?
Pressing tab hides all the palettes and I can get them back by hovering over the docks (i.e. the small visible rest of the palette docks). If I press tab and then shift tab all the palettes except the tool bar dock come back (that`s what I want), but then the toolbar dock ist totally gone and I CANNOT just hover over the toolbar dock to get it back.
Does anyone know a solution? Also it` s very annoying that the docks don`t work on a secondary monitor. I have many of the palettes located at my secondary monitor and a few of the palettes (the ones that I need seldom) live in a very small dock that I have on my primary monitor. There is no chance to get that dock to the secondary monitor. I wish I could drag it there. As an alternative I wish I could hide that dock and get it back by hovering over it with the mouse. But if I hide that dock by pressing tab all my palettes on the secondary monitor get hidden as well of course.
Stefan

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AD
Andrei_Doubrovski
May 15, 2007
Hi Stefan,
Pull down Window > Tools.
If you want to do it with a keyboard shortcut just create a new one (Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts)

SimplePhotoshop.com <http://simplephotoshop.com/>
SK
Stefan_Klein
May 15, 2007
Andrei, thanks for your answer, but that doesn`t solve the problem, because in this case the toolbar and the dock of the toolbar are totally gone. What I want is to collapse the toolbar dock and to be able to get it back temporarily by hovering over that "rest" of the dock with the mouse. That is possible if you hide all pallette docks AND the toolbar dock, but not if you hide the toolbar only. That`s very annoying, because I don`t want to hide the pallettes at all, because they are on my secondary monitor.
Stefan
SK
Stefan_Klein
May 16, 2007
Okay, I solved the problem. Got rid of all pallettes and docks by pressing tab and then I made the ones that live on my secondary monitor (without docks) come back by going under Windows etc..
So the docks are hidden and come back by hovering over with the mouse and the palettes on my secondary monitor are visible all the time. Was a bit complicated to get there, but now everything works fine.
Stefan
JJ
John Joslin
May 16, 2007
then I made the ones that live on my secondary monitor (without docks) come back by going under Windows etc..

What does that mean Stefan?
SK
Stefan_Klein
May 16, 2007
Not sure what you don`t understand, John. I`m going to the PS menu "window" and activate the palettes that I want to show on my secondary monitor. I drag them to my secondary monitor as "floating" palettes (or whatever they are called), that means without docks.
Stefan
DM
dave_milbut
May 16, 2007
I`m going to the PS menu "window"

that’s what he didn’t understand. i was going "huh?" when reading it too, until you explained that you meant the photoshop menu item "Window".

neat trick, btw. good sleuthing to figure it out stefan!
JJ
John Joslin
May 16, 2007
Oh, right!

Yes, it was the first thing I did on Day 1 (and saved the workspace!)

(and copied my preferences to a safe place).
SK
Stefan_Klein
May 16, 2007
Actually my approach doesn`t work as good as I thought, because when I close and reopen PS the palette docks are not hidden anymore. So I have to press tab to hide the docks and then get all the palettes (that I want to get back on my secondary monitor) back by going to the window menu and activating one after the other. Kind of annoying, but there seems to be no other way.
Stefan

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections